Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wipe down all my interior, I use a special shaped microfiber duster for my HVAC vents, tight spaces, and crevices often. After 2-3 weeks, the dust buildup becomes unbearable again and I have to repeat my complete interior wipedown/touchup.

Last week the thought ran across my mind that the buildup might be due to the fact that I like to drive with the HVAC on most of the time (AC in summer, heater in winter) and with the windows up/closed. So I've been driving with the windows open. I'm thinking about the cabin filter, and also driving with my windows open more often. Anyone think that helps?

Anyone have tips on how to reduce dust overall?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dude dust is something you have to deal with lol, if your unaware its everywhere... You shed dust from your skin constantly, so unless your wear spandex suits and a bag over your head there is not much you can do about it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
clean your car, wrap it in bubble wrap and store it in a sealed container ???

cant escape the dust im affraid dude, especially in warmer dustier climates. id rather have dust than all the rain we get in the UK

·
Registered
38 Posts
I personally use windex ...b4 I use to use armor interior shine spray it has lots of oil to give shine but also catches a lotta dust.so windex keeps it dry with no shine.....not much u can do bud.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

·
Registered
657 Posts
x3 keep a microfiber in the door pocket and wipe away any dust. I vacumm/dust the interior weekly so never really see the dust buildup.
x4 I also keep a microfibre in the door pocket and give it a quick wipe down during the week. When it comes down to giving the car a wash, I usually do a light vacuum of the interior and use Meguairs "quik" wipes to wipe down the dash, and other various panels.

Driving with the windows down brings in more dust/dirt/debris imo...havent had much dust buildup at all, nor noticed any through simply using the HVAC.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I keep a Swiffer duster in my door pocket to use but I've noticed since switching from a Corolla to the TSX that the dust build up is really obvious on the TSX. It's almost like the material of the dash just attracts dust lol I swear I didn't have this problem on the Corolla as I never carried around a duster until the TSX. I first noticed this on a friend's TL but just thought he didn't clean his car often enough but after owning the TSX, I see why. The dust comes back after a day or two. Insane...but that is just my personal gripe on the matter lol

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Driving with the windows down of course will bring a lot of dust into your car. That's why I hardly ever have my windows down.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
i'm glad i'm not the only one that noticed this problem.

my interior looks like hell with all the dust. it's horrible.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I'd advise cleaning the interior weekly to avoid dust buildup - but the buildup itself is unavoidable

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
:worthlesss

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
I don't think the dust is that bad...then again, maybe my skin doesn't shed as much as others lol. Just do regular dusting and enjoy life, windows up or down. x5 I also have a spiffy 2-sided micro fiber towel in the center console. One side for plastics, the other side for screens and glass. (same material I believe). Usually it's my nav screen I find dusting the most often.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.