Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Blakura
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tsx recently had over 6 dents from hail a lil over a week ago. Looking at it straight on, you don't see it. But at the light reflection you see small circular swirls. I was wondering if those "dent removing instruments" on those commercials on tv would work to remove the small dents. I got 5 on the roof and two on the trunk. I really haven't checked my hood yet. I also heard that on a really hot day, the dent would pop itself back out....is this true? Any suggestions besides contacting my insurance...my deductible is too high so its not worth it.

·
gas-aholic
208 Posts
dang. that blows. DENTS on the car caused by Hail.

thank goodness i live in Southern California where we've only seen rain like this in like a 120 years...

but about those dents...i don't think they're "fixable" unless they did really pop back out on a hot day...

have you tried using a really strong suction cup thing dealy to maybe "nudge" it out?

·
Registered
18 Posts
TSXinity said:
My tsx recently had over 6 dents from hail a lil over a week ago. Looking at it straight on, you don't see it. But at the light reflection you see small circular swirls. I was wondering if those "dent removing instruments" on those commercials on tv would work to remove the small dents. I got 5 on the roof and two on the trunk. I really haven't checked my hood yet. I also heard that on a really hot day, the dent would pop itself back out....is this true? Any suggestions besides contacting my insurance...my deductible is too high so its not worth it.

Go to www.dentwizard.com. They have locations all over the United States. I currently have a Honda Civic and they have done work on my car twice. Once they removed a huge dent from my hood which you cannot even tell it was there and last year they removed every ding from the car. I highly recommend them.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Leave it to the professionals ala DentWizard above, they have the required tools to remove the dents without having to damage the paint. Don't DIY, after you watch them work, you'd know why. It's as much as a skill along with patience and experience to remove dents successfully instead of creating more problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts