Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

I am new to the form and would like some guidance on how to change out the spark plugs. I live in Hoffman Estates, IL, If someone lives close by me that would be great. I just changed the cabin filter and air filter which was pretty easy. Please let me know if anyone has pictures or videos on how to do it. I am pretty comfortable on working on cars and changing them myself as opposed to taking to the a mechanics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
Sam

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
pop off the black engine cover with the Acura "A" on it.....

inside you will find 4 coil packs, all held down by one bolt, unclip each coil pack, and take the bolts out, and lift up on the coil packs (i always lay everything out on a towel in order.... so everything goes back in exactly the same as it was)

once you have all 4 coil packs out, your spark plugs are exposed, you will need a deep socket (3/8" or 5/8") i cant remember which one, and a longer extension bar to get down onto the spark plugs.... they will probably be pretty tight, put some ass into it..... just make sure your turning the wrench evenly and not off to one side..... and they should all come out fine

you may need a magnetic stick in order to pull the plugs out of their tubes, they tend to never wanna stay inside the socket

put your new plugs in and reverse the directions above, make sure they are not cross threaded and turn in easy, DONT OVER TIGHTEN, give it a good twist, but dont go crazy on these...... i typically always put a tiny little bit of oil on the threads of the plugs, just so that they seal well, and dont get fused into the threads permanently

write back if you have any questions, its a pretty simple job..... 30-40 min for your first time

GL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.