Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
100% rooster
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its pretty simple i hit a pole and both front airbags went off. i found the site to reset the system and unlock my seat belt. Any help especially with the passenger side one would be great.

·
Registered
49 Posts
A pot hole or a brick wall????

*do this at your own risk. Unhook battery before messing with airbag components.

Drivers bag is easy, there's a small cover on the botton of the steering wheel with a connector you need to unhook. The bag is just held in by two Torx bits, one on either side of the bag.

The passenger bag will require you to remove the upper dash, find a copy of the SM for directions on this. After the dash is off, it's held on by a few 10mm nuts, same deal, a yellow connector needs to be unhooked.

The seatbelts are relatively easy, put the seats all the way forward in the front, remove the plastic kick plates from the entry ways on the floor (rear just pops out, front has a screw under a cover near the trunk lock on the floor). Remove your door seals (the ones on the body, they just yank off). Use picks to carefully pop off the little plastic covers above where the seat belt is secured toward the ceiling. There's a 12 or 14mm bolt holding it on, also remove the bolts holding the belts to the seat. Then yank the cover off that cover the belt assembly. Again undo the yellow connector. There's a 10mm and a 12 or 14. Reverse to reinstall.

The module in the center console can be removed by, remove the cover around the shifter assembly, then undo the screws for the coin tray and unplug the power socket and little light bulb. Then yank out the other tray above that. You will also need to remove the two small covers and the very front of the center console on the floor almost under the dash. You will see a small air duct elbow, just pull them out. The module of held in by four Torx, and had three big connectors, reverse to reinstall.

Leave the battery unhooked when servicing airbag stuff.

Also you may have to do a manual code reset using a paper clip after everything has been replaced ( this allows it to relearn the passenger seat weight sensor).

·
100% rooster
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bro ill be taking it apart over the weekend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi I had the same thing happen to me I let a friend drive my 04 tsx and he tapped a car in front of him and the airbags deployed no damage to the front end at all but the 2 front air bags deployed. The other air bags and seat belts are still fine but I want to replace the 2 front air bags and I bought a new airbag control unit. But my question is do I have to replace the crash sensors in the front of the car or will they be fine because they weren’t damaged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts