Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I broke off one of the tabs to open the center console. I took the armrest off the car, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to take apart to replace. I found the part I would need to replace this, but I have been unable to take it apart, or even take the leather armrest off. It seems that in order to take it apart you need to undo a screw, but the problem is the only way to reach this screw is if you take it apart!

Does anybody have any idea how to do this???

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
So I broke off one of the tabs to open the center console. I took the armrest off the car, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to take apart to replace. I found the part I would need to replace this, but I have been unable to take it apart, or even take the leather armrest off. It seems that in order to take it apart you need to undo a screw, but the problem is the only way to reach this screw is if you take it apart!

Does anybody have any idea how to do this???
Maybe this schematic might help?

What are you exactly trying to replace? #19 or #20? Or the leather armrest? I'll take a look at my armrest and see if I can figure it out. I was actually looking at it when I removed my center console the other week, but didn't look too far into it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe this schematic might help?

What are you exactly trying to replace? #19 or #20? Or the leather armrest? I'll take a look at my armrest and see if I can figure it out. I was actually looking at it when I removed my center console the other week, but didn't look too far into it.
That's the schematic I see on acuraoemparts. I want to replace 20, but would be willing to spend the $25 for part 11. The problem is you can't take that apart at all. I got all the tabs out, but there are screws you can't reach in there.

·
That's Doctor
231 Posts
I did the exact same thing. I broke a tab off and bought the replacement tabs from Acura. I took the armrest off the car and had a very hard time getting it apart...until I read my factory service manual. It took about 1 minute after that. Here's a picture of the page in the service manual.

Super simple, just insert a flathead screwdriver and pull the ends apart.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the exact same thing. I broke a tab off and bought the replacement tabs from Acura. I took the armrest off the car and had a very hard time getting it apart...until I read my factory service manual. It took about 1 minute after that. Here's a picture of the page in the service manual.

Thanks SO much....I will give it a shot!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm trying to change the release button right now, and this is most helpful. I could not figure out how to take the armrest apart for the life of me.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Can you please repost the factory service manual page for the super simple, pull apart. Link no longer works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts