Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been just over 3 years since I drove my new TSX off the lot - with that new leather smell, with its nice matte finish. Nothing beats a brand new leather interior / steering wheel / shift knob.

62K miles later, it still looks and feels really good IMO. It still has some of that new car smell. Also, when cruising near 3 digits, its smooth, quiet with no squeaks or rattles.

My Ford Fusion Sport @ 1/2 the miles looked like it had 100K on it when I traded it for the TSX.

I really enjoy this car.

P.S. I'm in Michigan. I've read about Acuras in the warmer states not fairing so well. Something about baking in the sun.

·
FG2 to CU2
237 Posts
I have an 09 about to roll over to 63k miles, owned since 55k.

Driver's seat has the normal wrinkles from getting in/out.
Back seat leather has indentations from my son's car seat.
Cup holder lid seems to get stuck when closed. Have to give it a nice love tap to open back up.
Driver's side floor tunnel (carpet) has faded from right foot/gas pedal usage. Previous owner must have had big shoes.

I clean the leather with Lexol and dash + hard plastics with 303 when time permits.

·
Registered
1 Posts
interior bad shape

2010 model-76k miles front seat have 2 small holes and worn looking.
looking for either seat covers or used ebay seats

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine is a 2004 with 308,000 miles and honestly the interior is better than my 5 year old Infiniti with 57,000 miles besides the shift knob i replaced and obvious scuffs that were all my fault from putting sharp heavy stuff in the back seat or jamming skis in

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
Interior is holding up great on my '12 SE! I purchased the car a few months ago and am hoping to get an answer to a question. I have the telephone buttons (Bluetooth) on the steering wheel and have tried several times to set up my phone to connect and nothing happens. No beeps or anything. Is it not a feature that's active on this model or could there be a fuse gone somewhere? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2010 with 79,XXX on - that little cubby the driver and passenger put their outside arms (think that cubby where the window controls are) has lost it's adhesive where the elbows are and has pulled away. I'd understand if I was somewhere that was very hot; but aside from a couple of 90 degree (F) days in Julys it's not.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Same as above^. 2010, live in the Midwest and park in the shade as often as possible. Driver’s side armrest on door card is tearing (vinyl is becoming unbonded from cloth backing). Same thing is happening on the driver’s seat where the fabric was really stretched around the bolsters.

Sadly, I’ve seen this, sagging headliners, rotting plastics on some newer (2009+) Honda’s belonging to friends and family and it’s very disappointing. I just sold my 1998 contour with 153k. Leather/vinyl was is far better shape than what is happening in my 2010 Acura.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts