Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiousity has anybody wanted or considered adding a heads up display in your tsx? I know a lot of the GM cars, like the vette or most of the pontiacs have it..and it is an option on the BMW's also....

http://www.defi-shop.com/product/concept/concept_top.html

That is the only aftermarket unit I could find... do you know if there are any others?

I would also be interested in finding one that would display the radar settings from the valentine one....

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Nah...I'm not a big fan of digital speedo readouts... I driven in a bonniville that had it and it was ok...nothing real spectacular. Did you get a new car yet?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i lost the case in arbritration....the BBB issued an interim repair order.... im still deciding if i should accept or reject it.... he basically said all the problems i was having are not major...except the sunroof, and that a leaking sunroof is a major impairment of use of the vehicle....

if i accept then i cant sue infiniti...and they have 30 days to fix it...if it still leaks then i can go back to the BBB and with my luck he will say give them another chance.... ive already given them 5 opportunities to fix the damn sunroof...im not sure how much more patient i can be with the idiots :'(

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
damn...that sucks.. I don't see how not being able to fix it 5 times isn't a flag for concern...

decisions..decisions...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:-\ oh well... i guess ill give them another chance... if it doesnt get fixed... well crap somebody steal! lol

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
johnej said:
I had a hud in my gp gtp. I enjoyed it.

if you dont mind me asking...what exactly did it display? i know some display only speed/gas/turn signals... etc... and some display more... like engine temp, tach, radio... etc etc....

would you add it to your tsx?

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
no i would not add it. since the speedometer is in front and you can see it. It was to hard to read the numbers, at least with the speedometer you can glance and get your speed

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The Defi VSD is a good product, I used to have it in one of my cars. It's highly useful when tracking/racing. Allowing you to concentrate on what's ahead instead of constantly moving around to read the instruments. Works well in daylight and especially well at night. You just have to ensure that the VSD display projection unit is always kept clean for best clarity.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Noel said:
The Defi VSD is a good product, I used to have it in one of my cars. It's highly useful when tracking/racing. Allowing you to concentrate on what's ahead instead of constantly moving around to read the instruments. Works well in daylight and especially well at night. You just have to ensure that the VSD display projection unit is always kept clean for best clarity.
Thanks for the info... very useful. Which one did you have? The basic one or the concept?

How difficult would it be to install it? Thanks :-D

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
No longer called a concept but yes I had the concept. It's been out for almost 2-3 years now if I'm not wrong. It's not that hard to install if you've worked with finding the usual wiring - RPM, positive, negative, aux etc. But I'll leave it a professional installer (ala car audio type people) if you aren't familiar.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, I would need the ground, +12v ignition, speed sensor wire, and tach for the rpm's?

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.