Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
The title makes it sound like the "others" are AGAINST hybrids.
But as far as I can tell, they're not.
Just thought I'd mention it......
 

·
The Voice of Reason
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
Soooooo .... they want to encourage people to buy hybrids, which will decrease the demand for California's custom gasoline blends, so as to make gasoline cheaper, so the highways will become even more congested? So people will be encouraged to move to Arizona? Is that the general idea? Or did I get it all wrong?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
to me, all this will do is to give an excuse for the salesman to jack up the price further on hybrid cars, "look you can be in the car pool lane, isn't that worth something to you" :bs:
 

·
Guitar and Amp Junkie
Joined
·
465 Posts
bob shiftright said:
Soooooo .... they want to encourage people to buy hybrids, which will decrease the demand for California's custom gasoline blends, so as to make gasoline cheaper, so the highways will become even more congested? So people will be encouraged to move to Arizona? Is that the general idea? Or did I get it all wrong?

Unless of course the government -- nanny state -- steps in with a tax hike designed to keep gas prices artificially inflated.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Off the subj, but.....did y'all know that all of our gasoline contains ETHANOL?

(Well, I guess I shouldn't say "all," because I can't prove :D that it's "all," but anyway, all of the gasoline I've seen around here lately.)

I guess this has been the case for some time, but I have no idea how long.
I just noticed about a month ago on a gas pump that it said, "contains 10% ethanol," and I've noticed it ever since.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts
larchmont said:
Off the subj, but.....did y'all know that all of our gasoline contains ETHANOL?

(Well, I guess I shouldn't say "all," because I can't prove :D that it's "all," but anyway, all of the gasoline I've seen around here lately.)

I guess this has been the case for some time, but I have no idea how long.
I just noticed about a month ago on a gas pump that it said, "contains 10% ethanol," and I've noticed it ever since.
Gasoline here contains 10% ethanol.....and on the side note, I wouldn't mind getting a Prius, but the there is a long waiting list for it though. However, its not really worth getting a hybrid just to take advantage of the HOV lanes and tax incentives, but more for the fact its a clean burning car and can save on fuel.:spike:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
2004_Acura_TSX said:
....its not really worth getting a hybrid just to take advantage of the HOV lanes and tax incentives, but more for the fact its a clean burning car and can save on fuel.:spike:
That's a pretty bold statement. Depending on the amount of the tax incentive and/or how much the HOV lanes help you, it could be worth it.
 

·
The Voice of Reason
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
bheywow said:
I would rather just buy the stickers that let you in the HOV lane
I have E-Z Pass, a Valentine-1 and a Lidatek and the combination probably works as least as well as the HOV.....

ssssssss2

I mean, it would probably be safer and more efficient to sell HOV (or "fast lane") licenses for $10,000 (not to mention help balance the state budget!) but this is the way they want to play the game, so this is the way we play the game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
I meant the stickers that say CNG (like on a civic running on natural gas)

In other words fake stickers

The Highway patrol wont pull over cars with the stickers.

Someone must sell them, like on ebay
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
bheywow said:
I meant the stickers that say CNG (like on a civic running on natural gas)

In other words fake stickers

The Highway patrol wont pull over cars with the stickers.....
Yeah, but if they do, you could face the death penalty. :D
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top