Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it seems that my cables are hyper extended and are flexing and causing sloppy and a weak feel in the shifter. so obv my solution is i gotta replace them asap. the symptoms are very close to

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-g...-transmission-problem-6-speed-manual-tsx.html

im looking into replacments and it seem my options would be OEM (which would never be a bad idea) Hybrid Racing (idk if they will work yet) i know K-tuned has a set too. the last 2 options are just me pondering. if there any brands that i excluded, dont be afraid to chime in.

Hybrid Racing HR Shifter Cables - Hybrid Racing

Race-Spec Shifter Cables and Trans Bracket - Ktuned

now i just want to make sure if this has ever been done succesfully. ive driven a swap with the hybrid cables. SOOO smooth and direct. i know the OEM ones feel "good" and perform, but i just want a little more bang for your buck.

If any of you fellow members know/heard of anything let me know
im in the dark with this mod so comments are GREATLY appreciated and insight is very helpful.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
Definitely interested in this if we can get a kid made from either one of them.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
I spoke to K-Tuned and they are already interested in working on this, so i suggest you guys ask about to show more interest maybe? but its been a mod i've been interested in since I am starting my transmission build soon and started looking into this when I ordered my Torque Solution shifter bushing. I will let you know however if i hear anything back from the K-Tuned team.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No existing cables will be plug and play for the TSX. I think we can accommodate these pretty easily though. I've got an OEM set on order. I'll see what we can do for you guys once I've got them.

~russ
hybridracing.com

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
No existing cables will be plug and play for the TSX. I think we can accommodate these pretty easily though. I've got an OEM set on order. I'll see what we can do for you guys once I've got them.

~russ
hybridracing.com
Thanks russ!! this would be great!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hybrid Racing TSX Shifter Cables Development Pledge :p ????? we can start a pledge list :D and thank you Russ :D i think this would be a great product with great sales potential, especially since your Shift Linkage Bushings are the best out there :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hybrid Racing TSX Shifter Cables Development Pledge :p ????? we can start a pledge list :D and thank you Russ :D i think this would be a great product with great sales potential, especially since your Shift Linkage Bushings are the best out there :D
Glad you like our bushings! Honestly, I expect these will sell probably about as well as our EP3 cables. We really don't sell many, but since we've done a lot of development on k-series shift linkages already, adapting what we've learned to the TSX platform is pretty straight forward. I'm about 99% positive we'll have no problems making these. When I get the OEM set in early next week, I'll try to give you guys some feedback and an ETA.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
Looking forward to what comes of this. I will continue with my aluminum and hose clamp fix till something comes out. Hopefully it will come sooner than later.

·
Registered
11 Posts
New OEM cables came in. Should be a breeze, but we're going to need to prototype a couple of parts to get a working set together. Now I'm waiting on one other component from Acura before we get a prototype together.

Anyone near Baton Rouge, Louisiana want to lend us their car for a day for some test fitting in exchange for a free set? If so, PM me.

~russ

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
New OEM cables came in. Should be a breeze, but we're going to need to prototype a couple of parts to get a working set together. Now I'm waiting on one other component from Acura before we get a prototype together.

Anyone near Baton Rouge, Louisiana want to lend us their car for a day for some test fitting in exchange for a free set? If so, PM me.

~russ
Happy that this is moving fast :thumbsup: someone needs to help out russ! and this is a nice comeup for a lucky someone for sure. Im excited :D

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
I am not super close, Charlotte,NC, but I would be willing to do the tests for you and create a set of instructions with pictures in exchange for a set of cables or a discount on a set. I normally do very detailed write up and install threads for parts as many of the members here can probably attest too. Just want to help get this underway with you guys as quickly as possible.

My temporary fix seems to be holding but I would love a permanent replacement instead.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
Any updates on this? Definitely curious and anxious to get some better shifting for this already great trans.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.