Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally available! After years of getting super jelly of the RSX and Civic guys with this we finally get some (bolt) action.

The performance of a shifter is everything. It can mean the difference between winning a race and missing a shift, and a high-quality shifter can make your car shift like a new, high-performance machine. Years ago, when we developed our first short shifter, we knew that the combination of quality parts and design would set the standard for shifting perfection. With over 15 years of experience in shifter manufacturing and design, we have applied all of our resources to develop the next generation of shifting bliss.

This short shifter not only sits on one of the strongest and lightest steel frames we have ever made but the internal spring also keeps the motion totally fluid through every gear. The four-link design offers adjustable short and crisp shifts while keeping parts to the minimum.

When it comes to adjustability, our TSX shifter truly shines. Adjustments are a breeze and can give you many different options in terms of shift feel. With just the turn of a single 5mm allen wrench, you can adjust your shift knob to be 2" taller or .5" lower than stock. With the same allen wrench, you can adjust the knob position, bringing it closer to or further from the steering wheel, meaning you can shift quickly and keep your hands on the wheel. Want your shifts a little shorter? This shifter can reduce throw anywhere from 5% to 45% (below stock throw). Gate spacing (left-right shifter motion) is also adjustable. This means that if you like short throws and wide gates, long throws, and narrow gates, or any other combination, you can custom tailor it to your preference.

One glance at our TSX shifter reveals a design that cuts no corners. The links feature full 6061-T6 aluminum construction with stainless steel ball bearings that are designed to provide quiet operation with no need for lubrication. The shift levers are made from stainless steel to avoid unsightly corrosion. The internal spring can also be swapped our for something stiffer/lighter so you can set the level of resistance you prefer.

Heeltoe has them in stock with a 10% code in a recent email. Code is good until tomorrow. Got a red one myself. I was going to do the K-tuned shifter last year but heard a lot of mixed reviews. It seems like the company has been struggling with quality control the past few years, so i decided to wait for the hybrid shifter since they were so well reviewed and the rep said it was in the works when i checked in with them last year. glad i waited. I will try and do a install and review video once i get some time to install it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
installed this yesterday morning. Still getting used to it, but man is this thing precise. Not even a mm of slop when in gear, and barely any play in neutral. i did the longest spacing possible since i prefer the feel of stock gear spacing and shifter throw, but wanted to clean up the slop in the stock box. only complaint is the added effort. It reminds me of a tremec trans in a V8 mustang with how hard you have to row gears, but i've heard from other guys the hybrid shifter takes time to break in and gets lighter with time. If it doesn't break in i might just get a new OEM box in hopes it has the light effort and the new spring has little to no slop in it. pics or it didn't happen!

i initially offset it towards the driver because racecar, but it hit the side of the console. i just centered it after that, still trying to figure out the right height for the arm. here is a video of it offset to the right showing how it hits the console. I can't really say it's a slam dunk since it's only been a day. Install was easy enough, really good instructions on hybrid's site. Only issue i ran into is the C-clip that holds the LH driver side shifter cable. it's really hard to get out. had to use channel locks, wiggle, and a pry bar and that's after i had my mechanic replace my shifter cables 6 months ago so it was recently out. if yours is original and untouched for 15+ years, i would order the OEM clip just in case you break it trying to remove it. it was only $4 from APWH. #8 in the below diagram.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice that we have an additional option now. I was looking at the K-tuned one for a long time and then stumbled upon Bardi's custom shifter but he has been MIA for quite some time. I really wanted to get one from him since it was on the cheaper side and seemed to perform just as well.

This does look like a nice piece. The red would go well with my MR 07 and tan interior.

Can you post some more pics when you get it all back together? Are you still able to use the shift boot?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I decided to get one in red.

David and his crew are really good people. I came 10 minutes before closing and they had me in and out with the shifter in a matter of a few minutes.

The Shifter Assembly is such a nice piece of work. Everything lined up and fit snug. Three of the five zip tie clips fit back onto the new shifter and only 2 or 3 zip ties are suggested to secure the rest.
The hardest part of the entire project was removing the cup holder center console piece. I decided that I wanted to keep my shift boot to prevent debris and dirt/dust from falling into the shifting mechanism but I sill wanted to have some of the shifter on display. If you remove the collar from the shift boot, there is just enough room for the leather to fit loosely between the assembly and the upper arm.

Driving with it felt so smooth. I barely move my arm shifting through all the gears. High quality product from a fantastic company.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts