Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took this with my Moto Camera Phone back on 8-9-04 on BQE, in Brooklyn right before the Brooklyn Bridge. I musta stucked on traffic for like 2 hours trying to get to work that morning. Good thing I didn't have my CAI that time...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
:eek: whoa!!

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
Hydrolock schadenfreude....

Noel said:
Hydrolock?
Someone actually posted this on the Volvo board! said:
Ok, I am normally a 240 person and I was TRYING to do the trick where you run water in through the intake via a vaccum hose and it cleans out carbon from inside the engine.

So I try this on an 850 whiteblock, I use the vaccum port on the right of the intake manifold where there are two ports, I use the top one. I start the engine and it sucks the entire jar of water in in about 2 seconds, klunks, and dies.

The engine will not even turn over now, does anyone have any idea how much damage I have done and what it will take to fix it?

This trick always worked perfect on redblocks, I don't know if it just doesn't work on whiteblocks or I really pickes the wrong vaccum port.
("Whiteblocks' are the aluminum alloy block Volvo engines introduced 1993, "redbocks" are the iron block motors Volvo introduced around the Beginning of Time.)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
220 Posts
bob shiftright said:
("Whiteblocks' are the aluminum alloy block Volvo engines introduced 1993, "redbocks" are the iron block motors Volvo introduced around the Beginning of Time.)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
That is the same way to use SeaFoam to clean cylinder heads BUT you suck up a little at a time - total of 8 ounces.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
With Hondas, you'd have blown something or broke something already. It's not "water friendly" especially with the high compression.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts