Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well...i installed a compustar 2 way alarm in late march, on the night i drove my car back home, i discovered that the centre dash light(the audio control buttons, the climate comtrol buttons) were blinking, i asked the manager of the shop and he said he'd investigate for me. but after a several trips to the shop, a solution has still not been found.

and last night i saw a post here regarding the blown centre dash lights from other TSX owner, at first i thought they had different cases b/c mine are blinking and theirs were like blacked out. but u know what, tonight they just blew up, the lights were all out of a sudden(including the clock)...damn...

i m just deciding to bring it back to my dealer to have it checked...but i m just so afraid that they'll just simply say something like 'sorry the alarm fxxx that up, it's none of our business'.

i really couldnt believe that it blew of a sudden right after the day i read a post regarding this issue!!! :mecry:

does anyone know if i m still covered by the warranty if i had the alarm installed? i really appreciate any reply.

and hope other TSXers won't have this problem in the future.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
>> but after a several trips to the shop, a solution has still not been found.

huh ? this is Acura dealer service - in Toronto, where I heard TSXs are everywhere - that you're talking about ?

This is a very well-known issue.
Dont stress about it - it's under warranty

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
robert_tsxgeek said:
>> but after a several trips to the shop, a solution has still not been found.

huh ? this is Acura dealer service - in Toronto, where I heard TSXs are everywhere - that you're talking about ?

This is a very well-known issue.
Dont stress about it - it's under warranty
no i went to the alarm shop and asked them to check if the alarm screwed up the lights but they have no idea yet.

i guess it did b/c the blinking started right after the installation so i havent brought it to the dealer yet.

do you guys mean i m still covered under warranty even if i dont know the alarm screwed up the lights or not?
maybe i m over worried, i'll update you guys what the dealer say tomolo. thanks a lot.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
When you go to dealer just dont act like you're asking here like your alarm caused it.
It is a well-known service bulletin item.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
robert_tsxgeek said:
When you go to dealer just dont act like you're asking here like your alarm caused it.
It is a well-known service bulletin item.
GOT IT THANKS!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts