Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

My TSX is a 2009 model.

Months back (April 2020), one of my injector coils broke. So I thought it was time to change all the spark plugs and the fuel injectors. Now I'm having this problem (July 2020) and the replacement parts aren't the issue.

THE PROBLEM:
80+ mph in "Drive": car is fine
80+ mph in "Sport": engine is limited to 20mph, and lurches until I pullover and restart the car.

The first time I noticed this issue I pulled over to check my brand new spark plugs and my brand new fuel injectors. I couldn't look into the engine because my tools were at home. I started the car to go home and the issue was gone. I can drive over 80 mph in Drive, but not in Sport

Since the issue is not mph, spark plugs or fuel injectors, is it the rpm?

Pleez Help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okey, I pulled over to check if the engine will go over 5000rpm in Neutral because thats when the engine has to be restarted to get out of limp mode. It did not.

Will removing the rev limiter prohibit limp mode? Does anyone suggest I check something else before removing the rev limiter?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hey gang,

My TSX is a 2009 model.

Months back (April 2020), one of my injector coils broke. So I thought it was time to change all the spark plugs and the fuel injectors. Now I'm having this problem (July 2020) and the replacement parts aren't the issue.

THE PROBLEM:
80+ mph in "Drive": car is fine
80+ mph in "Sport": engine is limited to 20mph, and lurches until I pullover and restart the car.

The first time I noticed this issue I pulled over to check my brand new spark plugs and my brand new fuel injectors. I couldn't look into the engine because my tools were at home. I started the car to go home and the issue was gone. I can drive over 80 mph in Drive, but not in Sport

Since the issue is not mph, spark plugs or fuel injectors, is it the rpm?

Pleez Help.
SOLVED!!

The root of the problem was a bad solenoid. It is located on the back of the engine on the passenger side. There are at least two variations of this solenoid please count the screws on your piece to make sure you don't buy the wrong this. Mine has eight, not just three.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Helmet Automotive design Hood
Gas Auto part Machine Metal Nut
Liquid Font Gas Screenshot Rectangle

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SOLVED!!

The root of the problem was a bad solenoid. It is located on the back of the engine on the passenger side. There are at least two variations of this solenoid please count the screws on your piece to make sure you don't buy the wrong this. Mine has eight, not just three. View attachment 48615 View attachment 48616 View attachment 48617
If anybody just needs a new seal this is the part number from onlinehondaparts. This is part number #6 from the spool valve filter assembly. VIEW THE DIAGRAM CAREFULLY.

White Ingredient Font Transparency Event

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.