Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dash was cleaned with something and the part above the dash that goes back to the windshield is covered in something that looks like Armorall.

There are also a few greasy hand prints on the seats I'm guessing from the employee.

The car wash is a very reputable establishment, probably one of the biggest and best in town. Should I be concerned with the products they used and could they age/harm the vinyl/leather?

Also, will the "greasy" appearance go away/dry out a bit and look more natural/factory?

What do you recommend to remove the grease spots on the seats and dash? Thanks!

· Registered
6 Posts
You can get a squeaky clean windshield by simply cleaning it with water and newspaper; however, the marks on the seat should be cleaned by the folks at the service station. Make a mild soapy solution and clean the dash to get rid of the grease and grime, and follow with a good dash polish.
If these guys are reputed, they should not have made these mistakes in the first place.

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get a squeaky clean windshield by simply cleaning it with water and newspaper; however, the marks on the seat should be cleaned by the folks at the service station. Make a mild soapy solution and clean the dash to get rid of the grease and grime, and follow with a good dash polish.
If these guys are reputed, they should not have made these mistakes in the first place.
How do you know it was a mistake? Should Armorall never be used?

· Registered
198 Posts
Our leather is fused with plastic so Armorall shouldn't hurt it, and a multi cleaner I think does a better job anyways than a pure leather cleaner as the plastic prevents the leather cleaner from absorbing into the leather. So maybe that grease is leather cleaner just sitting on the seat. They might have applied the cleaner to the seat first instead of to a rag.

I have some black magic just in my garage right now I'm using. Just wipe everything off again with a clean rag and I think you should be ok. I've used Armorall as well but sparingly as it always looked thick to me.

· Registered
1,667 Posts
Why not? It doesn't protect against UV?
It does but its "greasy" makeup traps dirt and grime and retains it. Over pro-longed period it is not something you should use. It's a sales gimmick not a good product.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
1,667 Posts
Do I have to add the dash polish part? I thought the idea was to remove product.
I personally use detailers pride interior cleaner followed with Mothers VLR. Good clean smell that doesn't leave a glossy or greasy finish.

· Registered
1,667 Posts

· From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Never heard of that one but after clicking over to autogeek.com and seeing what they have said about it, I'm going to try it sometime in the future.

yeah me neither, till one of my buddies who details cars for a living put me onto it back in late 09. Its great stuff, and all my cars get it now.

Not to say there aren't other good products out there, the "/thread" was a joke lol. But yeah 303 is what I use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.