Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys , first and foremost i would like to thank each and everyone of you for accepting me into the TSX community even though i have been here for less than 6 months , all of you have been very helpful and informative about all my questions without trolling me and calling me a NOOB which i really appreciate :) you guys are way better than the civic community !!!!!!! shhhh dont tell anyone ;)

Now here comes the sad part , I have had a lump in my neck ( below my ear on the jaw bone ) for quite some time now , i would estimate close to 2 years , i have been hopeful that it was nothing major and kind of turned a blind eye to it since it was not causing any pain or discomfort . I have been keeping close watch on it due to the fact that i already have had 2 different cancers . I battled leukemia for 5 years from 1992 till 1997 and beat it and in roughly 1999-2000 i had an early stage melanoma cell cut out of my foot and haven't had any other skin cancer related problems , i had clean bill of health up until now ...

about middle of may the lump in my neck started to hurt to a point where i could not lay on that side of my face when sleeping , me and my doctor decided that this should come out even though prior tests showed that this was nothing serious , upon the excision of the lymph node lump from my neck the doctors found a tumor which was hiding underneath , i called in today to confirm the biopsy result and was confronted with the news that it is malignant ( meaning cancer ) :( , my whole day has been shitty , ive been worrying & freaking out about everything , to a point where i get teary eyed ( yeah im a 30 year old man im allowed to cry sometime too )

the worst news is that this cancer is rare ( 2 in 100,000 people get it ) so there isnt much information as to what causes it as well as limited treatments options which makes me freak out even more :( , i also found out that Beastie Boys MCA Adam Yauch recently passed away after battling this type of cancer for 3 years . I am honestly devastated , i just recently got engaged and now life decides to shit in my Wheaties .

Even though i am freaking out , and scared shitless and afraid of dying and all that other stuff , i am absolutely trying to keep positive mind about this and deep in my heart i know i have the strength and courage to beat cancer for the 3rd time in my life . if any of you guys want to get updates on my situation just facebook me @ https://www.facebook.com/sebastian.czeczotka

Thank You TSX Fam !!!!!!!!

~De5

PS apologies to the Moderators if i posted this in the wrong section , although i feel this is general car topic since it deals with the health condition of a TSX driver :p

UPDATE JULY 12 2012 Went for a PET Scan with radioactive contrast to see if the tumor is localized or if it spread to any near by organs , awaiting results ...

I will do my best to keep you guys updated on my situation , however I do not want to be the forums "attention whore" so ill try to post only major updates , if anyone is interested in all the updates PMs and Emails are welcome , Also my facebook is www.facebook.com/sebastian.czeczotka you guys can hit me up on there as well :)

TO ALL MY TSX FAM

THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL THE WORDS OF SUPPORT IN THIS DIFFICULT TIME , EVEN THOUGH WE PERSONALLY DO NOT EACH OTHER I FEEL VERY LUCKY TO HAVE YOU GUYS AS MY FRIENDS , YOU GUYS ARE MY STRENGTH AND I WILL FIGHT THIS BATTLE TILL I WIN !!!

PS , heres a little photo of me before the neck biopsy which yielded the devastating news and thats me in my [email protected]$$ hair net :D

UPDATE JULY 18 2012 PET Scan result shows no other tumors which is great news , ive been an emotional rollecr coaster for the past week , next step is the neck and throat doctor visit to see how to go about removing this tumor and further treatment , also been in contact with doctors who treated me for leukemia when i was a kid and they are supplying me with a list of the best doctors for the job in my area. Todays news about the tumor being localized gave me a boost of positive energy and I intend to fight this thing from every approachable angle i can come up with. stay tuned for further deets...

UPDATE AUGUST 2 2012

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q-sI-_kbH68" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

UPDATE AUGUST 15 2012

Operation went well , stuck at Brigham and Womens hospital in Boston waiting for the drainage to stop , once it stops the drain comes out and i can go home , here are few pics of the damage :) , fiance by my side keeping me company and my spirits up , thank you guys as well for everything i feel lucky and blessed to be part of this community

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
DeS,

Keep your positive attitude, the wheaties might be all soggy right now but its important to know that you can always pour a new bowl!

I wish you the best of luck and my thoughts are with you and your fam.

Rare doesn't mean not treatable and don't base anyone else's out comes as what to expect of your own- since you've already been through hardships of the like before, i'm sure you are aware of that.

We're all here for you, even if you are a NOOB ;)

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
Damn bro i'm very sorry to hear that but you must always be positive no matter what the situation. My mother in law had stage 3 Ovarian cancer and i took my time from work to help take care of her and support the family through it. You will always be a survivor just remember that and when the time of need is there you will see how much friends and family will be there for you to help you through this tough time.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Damn bro that sucks! like mentioned before, haivng a positive attitude will get u through it! My aunt had leukemia also, she had all the support from our family and luckily she survived and is healthy now. Always keep ur head up and just take care man. Best of luck and wishes to you!

·
pedal damn it
2,901 Posts
U know what they say...3rd times the charm.
U've beat it twice before and u'll definitely conquer it again and be done with it once and for all.
Ur obviously a strong individual so keep faith and forget all that negative stuff.
U>cancer

·
Registered
124 Posts
hope the best of luck bud, i am sadden by this news...you came to the right place to open up to us, this community does come together like a family and i can see why you reach out to TSX.com it's crazy how you went through all of this but yet still keep a positive attitude. whatever, you will face and go through i hope you'll get better.

hope all is well, please keep living your life like it will never expires bud !!!
take care......

·
&#22235;&#19990;
1,767 Posts
You battled for 5 years against leukemia and then skin cancer and came out on top. Don't let this get in the way either. Fight it and even if you don't win, at least you fought the good fight. Will be praying for you buddy, and keep us updated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I must say that the positivity in this forum is overwhelming and im glad i recently became a part of it , you are defiantly in good company here man. I will definitely keep you in my prayers and i know that you can beat this ! Keep that positive mentality, your head up, and thank the lord above for every day because its a blessing and do not fear because when the time does come for you to leave know its to a better place. Keep your head up man.

PMA : positive mental attitude , you might be surprised at what it can do for you.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.