Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is my PERSONAL opinion and opinion about the EVO8 please try to be analytical on your replies :D

I decided to go and test drive the EVO8 because I was actually considering selling my TSX and getting and AWD car turbocharged.

Looks: the car looks great sporty and I love the way the intercooler looks on the front of the car.

Handling and bracking: I was very disappointed with braking of the car. I had to put lot of pressure on the break to make the little car stop. After all this car has Brembo breaks I was even going that fast and tried to stop and at stop sign and I felt the ABS system working... I was like WTF:(
Handling I am not impressed by it ... I drove the A4 6cyl quatroo and I would fuckin own this EVO8 cornering... BAD BAD...

Interior: It made feel like a economy class rental cars... the steering wheel is almost to small and everything was plastic and manual seats... the gauges OH GOD that was one of the worst thing about the interior of this car ... I needed glasses to see how fast I was going( TOO DARK and SMALL )I was like hell NO...

Performance: OK I got in the car and I push it the there is some turbo lag on this car but when the boost hits you GO... shifting was very rough and I did not like the way the car shifts from 2do to 4th... :(

when I was coming back home I felt my TSX like driving a Ferrari... I would never even think of selling my car now after that experience...

YOU TSX owner give your self a pat in the back for buying a
TSX :jump:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
LOL are you sirious? I never drove the car myself.. But when one of my mechanics friends brought it to the shop we all heard nothing but good things about it..

As far as the brakes.. It is a Rally car should have good brakes.. I am really gonna have to test drive one to know for sure.

One time friend of mine took me for a ride on it and wow was it fast (he upgraded the boost)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the brakes felt really weak... I don't know man if it is me or what
maybe someone of you need to drive this car and see for yourself
but this car is crap and I would not pay more than $15Gs for this car... period

I LOVE everything about my TSX :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
One of my co-workers purchased one two months ago and boy does it rock. The interior doesn't compare to my TSX, but it's all performance!

We were taking some corners pretty fast and it seemed like the FWD helped it stick to the road...can say anything about the brakes though.

G

·
one of my best fren has this car...its lightning quick, the exterior styling to me is ugly...has no luxury look, interior is one of the cheapest i ever seen for $32,000...its quick but styling is bad..

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK... My best friend has an EVO! I drive it on a regular basis, and always very hard! No offense, but if you think this car even comes close to comparing to the TSX, you're on crack! I will be buying the TSX shortly... so don't flame me for that statement. I do think that anything from Honda is far superior to Mitsu, but performance wise, the EVO is untoucheable in its price class! By the way, any self respecting sports car DOES NOT have sensitive brakes... this would make it quite hard to modulate them. What you described as a drawback, is actually a very good trait!

·
Registered
31 Posts
vtecfreak said:
OK... My best friend has an EVO! I drive it on a regular basis, and always very hard! No offense, but if you think this car even comes close to comparing to the TSX, you're on crack! I will be buying the TSX shortly... so don't flame me for that statement. I do think that anything from Honda is far superior to Mitsu, but performance wise, the EVO is untoucheable in its price class! By the way, any self respecting sports car DOES NOT have sensitive brakes... this would make it quite hard to modulate them. What you described as a drawback, is actually a very good trait!
:werd:

Cant compare the EVO with a TSX :ugh:

thats like comparing a Hyundai Sonata to an F40 :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know this is a TSX group but if the EVO VIII is so bad, how it won Sports Compact Car of the Year. 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, Recaro setas and Brembo brakes, you guys must be smoking to think the TSX is so much better than the EVO. The TSX might be the better cruiser of the 2 but we all know which one is the sports car..

G

·
Hi,
I am new at this forum and Im glad I came across this thread. Why?? Because Ive had an EVO VIII for about a year and just a couple days ago I bought an 04 TSX.
The EVO is simply the BEST car out there performance-wise for the track. Delmiroc- The brakes, handling, etc only work to the fullest when you push the **** out of the car. If you are just driving the EVO on the streets you will be dissapointed with ridequality, braking, and interior but you got to remember that the car is made to race.
My EVO is about 310whp and itll leave the TSX in the dust....I guess what Im trying to say is that these two cars are not meant to be compared.
I love both of them in a different way. :angel:

I'm doing something to my TSX as well (from the help of Dazzmotorsports)
I'm not suppose to show it to anyone yet but I will say that it has something to do with DUBS aehe10

Here's a shot of my EVO on the track :eek:

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
tlin8 said:
Hi,
I am new at this forum and Im glad I came across this thread. Why?? Because Ive had an EVO VIII for about a year and just a couple days ago I bought an 04 TSX.
The EVO is simply the BEST car out there performance-wise for the track. Delmiroc- The brakes, handling, etc only work to the fullest when you push the **** out of the car. If you are just driving the EVO on the streets you will be dissapointed with ridequality, braking, and interior but you got to remember that the car is made to race.
My EVO is about 310whp and itll leave the TSX in the dust....I guess what Im trying to say is that these two cars are not meant to be compared.

I'm not suppose to show it to anyone yet but I will say that it has something to do with DUBS aehe10

Big hello!!!!! We're thrilled to have you here, tlin! It's great to be hearing from someone who has both the Evo and the TSX. We haven't heard much about the Evo lately on the TSX boards, I guess because there aren't too many people like tlin!

And props to tlin also for resurrecting this old thread......

P.S. We want to hear about your mods!

G

·
Delmiroc said:
the brakes felt really weak... I don't know man if it is me or what
maybe someone of you need to drive this car and see for yourself
but this car is crap and I would not pay more than $15Gs for this car... period

I LOVE everything about my TSX :D
I new on here aswell. I had to chime in about the brakes. If you test drove
one with less than 600 miles on it the brake weren't broken in yet. It does take alot more pressure to get the car to stop with the new brakes. After the proper break in the car will stop on a dime every time. I not sure what your talking about the handling :jeffy: . It has one of the best suspensions that you can get on a production car that goes through the 700ft slalom at over 70mph. May be you just weren't going fast enough. :confused: There are not many 4door cars that can compete with a porshe or Ferrari. The tsx is a very nice car as well but like it was said before these two cars are not in the same leage.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
tlin8 said:
Hi,

That's a nice Evo you got there....

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
evo 8 ya said:
I new on here aswell. I had to chime in about the brakes. If you test drove
one with less than 600 miles on it the brake weren't broken in yet. It does take alot more pressure to get the car to stop with the new brakes. After the proper break in the car will stop on a dime every time. I not sure what your talking about the handling :jeffy: . It has one of the best suspensions that you can get on a production car that goes through the 700ft slalom at over 70mph. May be you just weren't going fast enough. :confused: There are not many 4door cars that can compete with a porshe or Ferrari. The tsx is a very nice car as well but like it was said before these two cars are not in the same leage.
Welcome, evo 8 ya! Glad you put in a word over here.

Good point about breaking in the brakes. (Not only that, it also gives us a spelling lesson.)

Just a moment please while I pass out. :D

We've had some discussion about that on the TSX too. It seems to be the case with the TSX also, but probably not as greatly.

P.S. Thanks to JCG for the link.....

BTW I think we have to say that the original poster on here was unfair and inaccurate about the Evo -- unless it was some lesser version of the car????

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
well I think the car is a piece of crap because I would never utilize the performance capabilities. I would just complain about how uncomfortable and cheap the interior is.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
you didn't push it hard enought to show how well it handles. It should out handle the tsx. As far as the brakes go it also could've be a ragged out demo car. Who knows how its been drove before you got to it.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
pocketkiller said:
well I think the car is a piece of crap because I would never utilize the performance capabilities. I would just complain about how uncomfortable and cheap the interior is.
And that's just it -- different strokes/folks. I don't know that I'd say crap, but I wouldn't use those performance capabilities either. (Although today I had a coupla spots when I coulda used a little more juice.....) :D

The people over there, OTOH, I guess, could care less about refinement.

Let's see if this gets them going some more. :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Hey, you can do better than that! I mean, look what I said -- I said y'all "could care less about refinement"! I mean, that's just totally uncalled for! You can't let somebody get away with that.....

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
different strokes is right. Some of the people in that thread are way too into bashing other cars though. Reminds me of SOME supra owners and thier gods chariots. Hell I like my tsx more then an evo but I don't go around bashing them :thumbsdow

1 - 20 of 32 Posts