Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started out by getting some Dupli-Color Satin Silver Metallic touch-up paint at the local Auto Zone (Honda Code # NH623M) and some clear coat. I then busted out my airbrush from my old model building days. Mine is just a cheap bottom of the line "Badger" brand that can be bought a any hobby store for around $30 plus a can of air another $10. I then emptied the put all the touch-up paint into the jar that screws onto the airbrush and begain to paint using a very light amount of paint.
Mind you I had already prepped the wheel by wet sanding the damaged area with first 600 grit and followed by 1500 grit sand paper. After cleaning and wiping down the area I masked off the tire and the portion of the wheel I didn't want painted .
Anyway, back to painting. After applying two or three light coats and letting it dry for about an hour I followed up with some clear coat(using the airbrush again), applying two or three light coats. I then let it dry for a couple of more hours. For the final two steps, I polished the area and it's surroundings using Meguire's show car glaze polish #7 and followed up with Meguire's NXT wax.
All I can say is wow, you could never tell where the curb scuff/scrape was. This will work on our TSX wheels also. Hopefully I will not have to do this on them though. I bought the TL wheels with the scuff.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Nice job. Maybe I'll look into that sometime for te two damaged wheels I've got.

This is the worst of the two. Can barely tell on the other one.

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man, that one got pretty jacked up. What happened? Thats going to need more than some minor touch-up

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
car accident

Got any before and after pictures of yours?

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sure don't have any pictures. The whole time I was thinking it was going to turn out like shit so I didn't bother. It was more like an experimentation that went right for once. The color on those 5spokes might be hard to match. Have you gotten any quotes yet. It may be better just to buy a new wheel.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just noticing your accident pictures Tony. That picture was taken in Madison WI on E Wash in front of East Towne Mall wasn't it? Kinda funny, was looking at your banged up car for about a minute before I realized I knew exactly where that picture was taken.
If you can't tell I'm from Madison too. I have a TSX same color as yours, tinted windows and 18" chrome Enkei LM5 wheels. I haven't seen yours around. Haven't seen too many TSXs around at all actually. All seem to be new TLs.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
Yeah the wheels were replaced already I just kept the damaged ones for extras.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts