Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm getting ready very soon to lower my car. I'm planning on putting tein stech springs on. I want to know when I lower the car is there anything I should do to it to prevent future problems?

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Try to get coilovers. Springs will reduce your stock shocks life span (unless you get after market shocks). Also, try to get an alignment a week after.

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
hello.

have you bought the springs yet?
because if you haven't, I say don't.

if you ask me, buying springs is the first mistake you could make.

your dampers, the stock ones, are in no way designed to be used with lowering springs.
if you put lowering springs on them, you will blow them. waaaay before their time.

so why waste that time, money and effort? for an inferior suspension as well.

better idea is to save up a bit. save up until you can afford a set of coilovers. coilovers
are springs and dampers combined that are designed to work together. it's a full
replacement of the stock springs/dampers.

after getting coilovers you are going to have camber problems in the back, so you'll
want to get a set of Ingalls adjustable lower rear camber and toe arms.

that should do you, coilovers and camber kit. it's a good idea to also put in a more
stout rear sway bar with some nice bushings.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would get coilovers but I don't have the money lol. Does my shock life vary by how low the car is? Like will it be different if it's a 1" rather then 2"?

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
sort of. but not really. your stock dampers are doomed if you put springs on them.
they'll blow probably before you would expect them to. then you're going to want
a set of coilovers.

do it right.

do it once.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
same price for coilovers. 200 for eibach springs and 400 for koni shocks. might as well go for HT coilovers for 600.
:werd:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey bro Megan EZ coilovers are only $650 on ebay, with free shipping! Couldn't go wrong with that!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have Megan ez's for about 5k miles now & I haven't had any issues....I mean for the price & being able to adjust the dampers I can't really complain.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts