Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's slow like a PIG!

I've had it since 2004 and i'm starting to feel the itch to move into something faster and sportier. I'm considering going for a 2008 TL-S or maybe even a WRX STi :D

I can't imagine getting rid of my TSX though, it so sexy. What to do??

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I sure hope you can afford the gas for those two cars with today's prices.

Is your TSX 6MT? And do you have any engine mods?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AT :(

No mods. Maybe I look for a similar 6MT to satisfy my craving.

·
trespassing Jeep owner
2,731 Posts
A 6MT TSX doesn't feel very fast either, trust me. A common route for former TSX owners who sought more power is the G35/G37.

·
Registered
87 Posts
mod it up! =) my 05 at used to be wicked slow. Id say get pulleys, reflash, header, intake, and boom! you can keep up with the rsx type s =P

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
AT :(

No mods. Maybe I look for a similar 6MT to satisfy my craving.
Well then I suggest shopping around for an 06+ TSX 6MT as they have slightly more power and more standard features, it'll feel like a totally different car almost and it'll be newer by 3-4 years.

From there you can do basic bolton's if you need your TSX as a reliable daily driver or go FI.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/50ErcB46cJY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^That TSX isn't even an 06 and it was quite perky with just some bolton's doing 0-60 in 6.3

·
2,608 Posts
Don't worry, I had my TSX since 2008 and I've been saying that too, other then the slowness, it's a very good reliable and comfy car. I might just get a 2nd car for performance.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I don't know. Why do you need a faster car again? So you can get to the red light faster? Maybe it's just me....

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I do mostly highway driving and it definately is not slow-got me a speeding ticket.

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
it's slow like a PIG!

I've had it since 2004 and i'm starting to feel the itch to move into something faster and sportier. I'm considering going for a 2008 TL-S or maybe even a WRX STi :D

I can't imagine getting rid of my TSX though, it so sexy. What to do??
You need a flux capacitor! ThinkGeek :: Flux Capacitor Replica

Reactions: stunner_360

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know. Why do you need a faster car again? So you can get to the red light faster? Maybe it's just me....
i'm tired of minivans cutting me off!

·
Registered
124 Posts
just a thought of my opinion why faster when you can have comfort with a sporty feel. im not trying to bash you but then if you like it so much then why not just build the bottom up, either turbo or supercharge it..even all motor with bolts can bring you close to 300 hp..the money you can put in a new car can bring your car performance to life, TAKE ADVICE from the guys here that has terrific MODS on there own car. with patients and proper tune you can keep up with the big boys. rather than spending money on cars that will not have better suspension = TL-S, and better interior= STI..just saying i have friends that have both of these cars and there a little bit surprise about my TSX..no modes it just looks good..to be continue !! lolz

im 28 turning 29 in a couple months and i've had anything from crx-si, rsx type s, g35 coupe and even an s4..i can say nothing drives better than a tsx 4 cyclinder that most of us have and better yet it might be slow but define what it is that you want before saying bye to your ride.. you might regret it if you don't think it through..

also, some bolt on will eat up a TL-S (depending on drivers persay) and will give an STI a run on the highway if it's stock..haha thats just my opinion..

by the way what ever you decide to do good luck with your choices..also some members had said gas prices is getting up their so think about that too..i know i spend crazy money just to fill up now and days..i can get an outfit for the price we paying for gas now..at one point i spent 58 bucks to fill up my tank..quite frankly it doesn't last a wk being that it's my daily commute in inside roads..

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
I took at G35 last night with my TSX :) But i think it was the driver and not the car because for a minute I thought he was catching up

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
POO... too bad the AT's suck on the GAS.

I'm going to start a search for a 2008 PWP 6MT with low mileage. PEW PEW PEW!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts