Acura TSX Forum banner

I may possibly be the first one on this forum to do this?

51K views 120 replies 53 participants last post by  atulgodzs 
#1 ·
Finally got one side done....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NF1cjvy7ORk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NF1cjvy7ORk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#3 ·
Another vid from different angle while we were testing...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3MZq3wj3CM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z3MZq3wj3CM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#4 ·
Awesome. How did you end up wiring them? With ignition or just the button?

:fro:

#37 ·
I wired them to a button and fed constant power so I can fold them even without my keys in the ignition. My future plan is to wire it up to my aux function on the alarm remote;)

Very nice. I dont mind trying this mod it if i can get the JDM parts for cheap.

Phil, you know "JDM parts" and "Cheap" don't belong in a same sentence!!!:laugh:

Finally someone got it. Nicely done. How long did it take since i know you been working on getting this for a while? +rep

It took at least 6 hours total of installation time plus additional couple of hours to swap the internals of JDM & OEM mirrors....there was really no info out there on how to wire up the CL7/9 ones so we used diagrams from other Honda power folding mirros and combined that with trial and error until we had the wiring down perfect.

So did you get the harness with the mirrors or did you have to do all complete custom wiring. I want to order a set of these this fall as I have been wanting to get them for a long time and finally decided to do them now. Maybe you can help me up with the wiring. Also I will be up in Toronto for ImportFest in September maybe I can check them out.

The mirrors did come with connectors but no switch. The harness that comes out of the mirror is same as the north american one but the poin locations are not the same obviously due to extra wires required for power folding function.

I had a friend of mine basically take care of all the wiring part of the install as he has installed a few sets on other Hondas...mainly older accords. However, even for him it was a time onsuming process as we did not have a wiring diagram for the CL7 power folding mirrors. We had to basically make an educated guess using diagrams for other Hondas plus literally testing them one by one manually.

I am really not an Import Fest kind of guy...too old for that scene! Plus they charge so much. I don't think I will be attending.

However, I will most likely be attending the HT meet on Sept 20th(?) which is close to your school I believe. May be we can hook up there? May be Jeff (from Buffalo while he is attending school) can even come down for that meet as I am crusing from Toronto with a bunch of Toronto Accord Club guys.

hahaha.. I read the title then watched the video and was like...
"huh? my car does that from factory..."

hehehehe
Well, I meant for North American members!:laugh:

Are the mirrors messed up because they're for right hand drive cars? I had power folding mirrors on my Accord and now I can't see straight!

It's not really "messed up" but different...I am already used to it and the blue tint is actually really nice / functional.

you are not the first one bro :D someone already had since this car produced lol
peace from tokyo :D
well i may help to members to have that...lets see

Again, I meant it for North American members with Acura TSX...why don't you swap your with Acura Tsx non-power folding mirrors and be the first in Japan!!!!

#13 ·
Great work. I wonder if your obsession with LEDs prompted you to put in a new and more powerful strip in the integrated turn signal. ;)

#21 ·
So did you get the harness with the mirrors or did you have to do all complete custom wiring. I want to order a set of these this fall as I have been wanting to get them for a long time and finally decided to do them now. Maybe you can help me up with the wiring. Also I will be up in Toronto for ImportFest in September maybe I can check them out.

#23 ·
nah actually been wanting these always since the day I knew they existed cause I love them on the Civic as well. Just didn't want to deal with figuring out how to do all the wiring back then but now that I am doing a log more with electronics I want to get a set of them.