Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can someone help me out?? i just got a white tsx!! and the xenon lights for low beam goes yellow once you have it on for abit is there a way to make it pure white?? i asked alot of people and they keep tellying me that i have to change the whole hid kit and place a new one on!! is there a way where i just change the bulb or something?? Also the back up lights it seems so dimm, is there way i can get it brighter?? can someone pls help me out by tellying me where in vancouver i can get those mods for it??? like where i can buy them??

·
Registered
203 Posts
One thing about Xenon is that they will need to burn in for the first 100hours of usage. They will turn to whiter and slight dimmer than the initial use. you probably still think it is yellowish because you will compare to the color when it is warming up, but it is actually whiter than new. One thing about TSX's oem hid bulbs, they are using the most yellow color manufacturer on the market, Osram. Osram are known to be more yellow than Philips bulbs.

No, you do not have to change the entire system to change the color of the light.

What I would do is wait for the bulb to burn pass 100 hours then decide what to do with it.

You have 2 options.

1--- change the bulb, there are a lot of OEM replacement bulb out there that claim to be 6000k or 8000k what so ever. but the best bulb i recommand is the Ultinon from Philips. You can find them online for $200 a pair. or you can try this site. Make sure you got the real thing, there are Taiwan knock-offs.
Philips Ultinon
Caution: These are not street legal and also are dimmer than stock bulbs on the light out put. So you make sure that is what you want.

2-- This one probably harder to find than the Ultinon, is the bellof Aqua blue capsule. They are made by japanese company Bellof. They are just a glass tube with blue tint that slip over the HID bulb. Sample picture can be seen here

I used to have a pair on my old accord's hid. I got it from Hong kong for about $100 US

Hope this helps you out.

Oh and by the way, TSX use D2S bulbs so make sure you get the correct one too if you want to go with changing bulbs.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
OEM HID color output has a rating of 4300K, it is normal for the HID bulbs to appear yellowish at full operating temperature. As indicated above, you can change to higher rated K bulbs to obtain another desirable color effect but you'd lose out on visibility as the K rating increases.

Park lights, are these your so called "back-up lights" ... ? If so, PIAA TERA LED bulbs will improve the lighting visibility significantly. These are the brightest application and has the same K rating as HIDs of 4300K.

·
Registered
60 Posts
go to www.Hidynamic.com for a pair of 8000K D2S HID bulbs for only 109.99 shipped.

The bulbs are made in Japan with pretty good quality, I changed that to both my 330i and M5, now I am getting it for my TSX too.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I can tell you how it's done but I will not. As it is not advisable to change factory HID bulbs from the OEM ballast unless you have experience or is qualified to do so. It can be a hazardous exercise if you set off a volt.

Have this done by a certified mechanic. This is not a DIY replacement item I'd suggest or allow anyone to publish because it can cause serious physical injury if something goes wrong.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TSXBMW said:
go to www.Hidynamic.com for a pair of 8000K D2S HID bulbs for only 109.99 shipped.

The bulbs are made in Japan with pretty good quality, I changed that to both my 330i and M5, now I am getting it for my TSX too.

what about transactions with hidynamic.com ??

I'm going to buy HID Xenon KIT, but im not secure.

could you tell me something about them ??

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts