Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have have a 2006 tsx that I do not drive very often, I've had it for around 10 months now and really bought it as a project car. I went to start it but no lights turned on, tested the battery and it was dead so I went and got a new one, still no lights, so here's what i know so far.

both terminals are connected and shows there's power (in the new battery)

only the horn and taillights work (taillights do get brighter when i brake)

and you can hear the starter clicking

if anyone might know the cause maybe a couple bad fuses or the fusible link please lmk Id rather learn and do it myself than send it to a mechanic or dealership. Thanks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Check the wire connections to the starter. IIRC you can access the starter by jacking the car and removing the plastic splash guard.

*** DISCONNECT THE BATTERY BEFORE MESSING WITH THE STARTER. Check that the connectors are tight and not corroded. Remove and clean if necessary.

Also check the braided ground straps. There are three. With the hood open facing the motor, two are on the left side of the block and easily accessible. I'd remove both, clean their connections and re-install.

The third one is on the right side of the block, but under some stuff. You should be able to verify visually that it's intact and connected. Might need to remove some air ducts to remove and clean it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts