Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 05 TSX and im looking for Rims, I want 18's or19's. What will fit perfect with out any lowering or modifications. I want the tire/rim to look good without lowering,but at the same time I don't want the tires to rub. I'm looking to spend 2K total. What brands are respectable but yet affordable at that price?
Who has the best prices?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Xavier77 said:
I just bought a 05 TSX and im looking for Rims, I want 18's or19's. What will fit perfect with out any lowering or modifications. I want the tire/rim to fill up the gap without lowering,but at the same time I don't want the tires to rub. I'm looking to spend 2K total. What brands are respectable but yet affordable?
are u sure u wanna do that? That means your overall diameter will be bigger if you want the wheel to fill the gap without lowering.
there are lots of combination u can go without rubbing. e.g. 225/40/18 or 235/40/18... for a 7.5" wide rim, ur offset should be in this range 40-48 approximately. (43-45 is perfect)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the Club Xavier77 :wavey:

Congrats on your 05 TSX :thumbsup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
if you're gonna upgrade rims you definitely need to lower your car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Tire rack has a Kazera brand that is lowest price.

The stock offset is 55mm.

An 8" rim with 48-50 offset is ideal. The Kazera's come in 50 offset.

I have 225/40r18 Fuzions but will go with 235/45r18's next time.
I will stay with the Fuzions from now on, finally the perfect tire.

The 225's lower the ride height 5mm from stock which is
also increasing the wheel gap 5mm. 235/40's outside diameter
as stock and are ideal. My car is lowered 1.75" so the wheel
gap is good but I want 235/40r18 Fuzions next.
The ride was harsher with 225/40, 235/40 should be softer.

I wouldn't want 19's because the sw gets so short and would
be worse ride than what I think is unacceptable with 225/40r18's.
The brakes would look too small inside 19's too.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you go with a good quality tire on an 18x8 or 18x7.5" rim, you will improve your handling. In fact, choosing any summer performance tire would most likely improve performance as the stock all season rubber is pretty weak.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TSXtuner do you have any pics of your ride? So if I go with 18X8 wheel whats the best tire size 225 or 235? Who makes a decent looking 18x8 wheel? I like the mesh look with a good size lip any recomendations..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts