Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i bent the rim on my car so now my air is leaking out slowly, but the problem is is that they dont make this rim anymore...it is the msw type 11 rim. MSW Type 11 Machined w/Black Accent

thats the link of what it look likes. but i need a 17" w/ the 5-114.3...please any help would be great

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
since that brand is uncommon, your best bet is to have the bend fixed or maybe get 2 different wheels if you don't care that they don't match. Good luck

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,896 Posts
If you still have your OEM wheels I'd run those for the time being, you'll just have to scour ebay and craigslists adds and hope you get lucky. Either that or find a place that can fix the bend but that might cost more than the wheel itself.

or maybe get 2 different wheels if you don't care that they don't match.
worst advice ever :laugh:

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
Def go with the repair. Most will cost $100-150 and that isn't a bad solution.

I highly advise against having two different wheels. That's just ghetto.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
according to discount tire they can not bend it back because its aluminum. so either i find somewhere to buy one, or i buy 4 cheapie rims

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so are you guys saying that the aluminum wheels can be repaired?? because i really dont want to have someone crack it while repairing it, then im super screwed. otherwise where are some places that can fix it?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Just google it or yelp it. Then call up the wheel shop and tell them about your situation. Doesn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just finished buying aluminum wheels and the lips were bent and curbed and even had a little chunk missing on the lip. I paid 100 per rim and I'm going to be getting them back tomorrow so I'm pretty sure they can be repaired

1 - 12 of 12 Posts