Acura TSX Forum banner

I Need Some Advice!! =(

5K views 76 replies 12 participants last post by  Zigen 
#1 ·
hey guys... imma sorri =( haha couldn't find thread... about this topic
so i mite as well ask since iono wut to choose

i see alot of u guys using injen intake...
but one of my frds... said get AEM cuz they came up wit sumthing new for accord/TSX

so... ne one got info on this? cuz i'm still debating which one to choose from...
and its SRI =)

thx bunch

#2 ·
Get a CAI, belive me it is MUCH more worth while then a SRI, AEM's a good company, but when it comes down to it, its a Shorter Verson of the K&N Typhoon for more $, even uses the same filter... , the Injens also a K&N Filter, but the pipes are a we bit wider, No matter what thouggh, get a CAI, SR is just not worth it

#4 ·
Ya......Injen is some good stuff man...go for it....since if you look on this board.....99% of them members have Ingen.... 1 has Mugen and 1 has AEM or something.....hahahaha

I would've went for Injen too..... but... don't wanna void the warranty yet~

#6 ·
icic.. haha
i guess Injen it is...
and yes... sadly
ne mod on ur car = void warranty...
intake = voided already haha...
but seriously... new car dun break down within 5 yrs... unless u're really unlucky...
or else waiting 5yrs den mod... is like wasting time =( :nutkick:

#8 ·
SAZABI said:
AEM is piece of crap. go for Injen or K&N.
I had bad experience with AEM, so did my accord-6th-gen friends (from accord forum)
you on the accord forum too??

#9 ·
u wont void ur warrenty with CAI la .. ~ not even close .. ~
he cant prove it's relative to any issue .. they cant do anything abt it .. and there r acutally little things they can reffer to the CAI
i replaced the altenator + timming belt + altenator pully for free even i got the big bass intake and valve cover/spark plug cover .. ~ :D
well .. stimes Richmond Acura does act really nice .. ~

#11 ·
hm... but i do live in an area where it rains alot.. **VANCOUVER**
but everyone on this forum lives there... and they were okay... haha...
but iono... big puddles in coq haha.. but phase is okay =(
da debate.. i dun wana hydro lock... =( haha.. cuz.. costs alot to fix..

#12 ·
Lol, 604, Ive said this a dozen times before, and Ill say it again, you aint gonna Hydrolock unless u enjoy driving through a Lake at WOT, its just not gonna happen, there is Very little risk of Hydrolocking either of these Intakes, just ask your fellow Vancouverins w/ CAI, dont worry about it...In the Words of Nike "Just Do It" and buy the CAI, besides a Rear Sway Bar the CAI is a *Must*

#13 ·
Um, sry had to laugh at the earlier post, esp since it was Benz sayin it :p... A Cold Air Intake will NOT Void your Warrenty, not by a LONG SHOT, belive me u can get away with alot more then A CAI before u void it, if had my car in for acouple of problems (Blown Tranny, Tail light recal, Seat Slide) with quite a few mods (not to mention Honda Badges on the outside, one dealership i went to wasnt too happy about that, others dont seem to care) and they still fixed everything, Moral of the Story

***CAI = Good***

and Benz, 95%, Andy, Chillyn and Myself are Rockin the K&N Cold Air Intakes

#14 · (Edited)
K&N and Injen both are Best Bang for your Bucks
If you want SRI.
There is another choice, Dude
HKS... Go ask moTSX for more info.
J-D-M Rule !

MemphisRheins said:
Um, sry had to laugh at the earlier post, esp since it was Benz sayin it :p...
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

#15 ·
haha icic thx for the info =) hehe
i guess Injen CAI it is haha =)
cuz i haf a SRI intake rite now...
i kno acura will change n replace nething for u...
its just dat if engine problem.. i gotta replace the intake to the stock one..
den let them see it...
... its just they can blame nething regarding the engine to the Intake...
n stuffs like dat.. not necessary voiding it =(
haha newayz gonna go order it soon hehe

price ranges guys???

#17 ·
604TSX said:
haha icic thx for the info =) hehe
i guess Injen CAI it is haha =)
cuz i haf a SRI intake rite now...
i kno acura will change n replace nething for u...
its just dat if engine problem.. i gotta replace the intake to the stock one..
den let them see it...
... its just they can blame nething regarding the engine to the Intake...
n stuffs like dat.. not necessary voiding it =(
haha newayz gonna go order it soon hehe

price ranges guys???

http://www.hopupracing.com/acura.html

Buy it from there, Great guys, lowest prices I could find off E-bay, would recomend them to anyone...they sell both K&N and Injen

#18 ·
Mem.......i don't mean the WHOLE warranty.....i mean just the intake part. your intake warranty will be gone....

and you have NO IDEA how asshole our dealer is sometimes.... they can say that the engine broke down due to the intake..... and i SUCK at reasoning ....
believe me....some dealers can relate EVERYTHING to your mods.....and make it your fault, so they don't cover it!

#19 ·
exactly Ben!!!

i asked richmond acura...
they say wutever mod i put in...
warranty of that part is voided... + they won't touch my car for nething.. unless i change it back to stock...
so hafta pay 2 labour fees juz to test out wut was wrong wit my car =(

btw... for the people who put intake in... when vtech kicks in... does ur engine makes these weird noises?... cuz stock... its very quite when vtech kicks in ... but after i installed SRI... vtech + intake sounds like its gonna blow or something =) i brought it in to get checked... Acura says they can't check it for me since its after market part... but techniqician ensured me that its nth much... its increased air flow but juz check ^^

#20 · (Edited)
SAZABI said:
for get Injen or K&N

get.... MUGEN
You RICH Mugen Whore :jester:
604TSX said:
vtech + intake sounds like its gonna blow or something =) i brought it in to get checked... Acura says they can't check it for me since its after market part... but techniqician ensured me that its nth much... its increased air flow but juz check ^^
This is a question for Noel.

Sound definitely will be different from Stock. SRI is known for Louder than CAI, too.
Now is how you define "sounds like its gonna blow or something"
& you paid Acura to check it for you... :( You just went there & got rip :jester:

#22 ·
604TSX said:
exactly Ben!!!

i asked richmond acura...
they say wutever mod i put in...
warranty of that part is voided... + they won't touch my car for nething.. unless i change it back to stock...
so hafta pay 2 labour fees juz to test out wut was wrong wit my car =(

btw... for the people who put intake in... when vtech kicks in... does ur engine makes these weird noises?... cuz stock... its very quite when vtech kicks in ... but after i installed SRI... vtech + intake sounds like its gonna blow or something =) i brought it in to get checked... Acura says they can't check it for me since its after market part... but techniqician ensured me that its nth much... its increased air flow but juz check ^^
just like Cyde...he changed some pads datz not bought from Acura..
he wanted Richmond Acura to machine the rotor for him..coz he got crack rotors..
when richmond acura found out itz not originally from Acura,
Richmond Acura acted like an asshole immediately...

#24 ·
honestly . ~ wut can go wrong with intake ... ~
at least in Van ... no one has ever messed up with intake so far .. ~

and if u really worried .. then just dont bother to buy parts .. cuz there r way more concerns u will get after u get other parts .. ~

#25 ·
Andynolife said:

and if u really worried .. then just dont bother to buy parts .. cuz there r way more concerns u will get after u get other parts .. ~

harsh, but true

#26 ·
Andynolife said:

:nod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.