Acura TSX Forum banner

Which set would you choose for a silver TSX?

• Kyowa KR206 Black

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Kyowa KR206 Hyper Black

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Tenzo Concept-9 Titanium Charcoal

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Tenzo Concept-9 Hyper Black

Votes: 2 25.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I bought a TSX 2008 two weeks ago and after hours and hours surfing the net to find a nice set of wheels, I finally found those ones... I have 2 questions.

1) I want 18'' wheels... does it makes a difference if it's 18x8 or 18x7.5? I want to make sure that the wheels will fit perfectly. Which offset is the best? Around +40, +45?

2) Here's the finalists (4)... What's your preference for a silver TSX? Please answer the poll! :)

Kyowa KR206 Black : https://www.bigwheels.net/index.php...n=view_model&model=KR206 Black&bold_id=614124

Kyowa KR206 Hyper black : https://www.bigwheels.net/index.php..._model&model=KR206 Hyper Black&bold_id=614146

Tenzo Concept9 ; titanium charcoal OR hyper black : [ TENZO-R ] TENZO RACING SPORTS :: OFFICIAL WEBSITE

I don't know if Kyowa or Tenzo are good choices... any comment will be appreciate! Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
1. .5 wouldn't be that big of a difference, but I would go with 18x8 maybe 18x9 in the back. I'd grab the 45. I'm not 100% on it, but I think you'd need a camber in the rear depending how much of a drop you have going.

2. The Kyowa KR206 Hyper Black are nice. I pretty much have similar rims, but mine are Enkei J10's, but they're 17" sadly :p ill post it below.

& Not sure what your price range is but check out SSR rims, Enkeis RPF1, Or some works!

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
The .5" won't make a huge difference but if your going to drop it low, then the .5" may be the difference in rolling your fenders and not.

I have pretty much the same specs (18x8, +38mm offset) and dropped maybe 2"+ and I had to roll my fenders.

I also have Tenzos (had them for I think 4 years now) and I think they're great wheels for the price. The titanium charcoal looks like a sweet color, and I think you should give those a shot!

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Forged anything would be your best bet. Light yet strong.

·
Registered
347 Posts
18x8+45 will not require fender rolling, after that it depends on your negative camber. Some people have run +40 and +35 with no rolling but they use skinny tires.

I like the Kyowa Hyperblack wheel.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your answers and the suggestions! Work wheels look good too. ;)

I think that the Tenzo-R have an edge in my heart... but we'll see. Also, do you know if hyper black looks the same on all wheels... or it depends on the company? When I look on the Tenzo website, the hyper black looks dark... and when I look to the Kyowa hyper black, they seem more grey (like on the pic of Snubi - btw, thanks for the pic, it helps me to see how it looks for real!). I cannot find a picture of a car with tenzo hyper black vs titanium charcoal to really compare... :/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for your answers and the suggestions! Work wheels look good too. ;)

I think that the Tenzo-R have an edge in my heart... but we'll see. Also, do you know if hyper black looks the same on all wheels... or it depends on the company? When I look on the Tenzo website, the hyper black looks dark... and when I look to the Kyowa hyper black, they seem more grey (like on the pic of Snubi - btw, thanks for the pic, it helps me to see how it looks for real!). I cannot find a picture of a car with tenzo hyper black vs titanium charcoal to really compare... :/
No problem! & Hyper black should look the same, but I've noticed a few companies have them darker than others.. Try shopping the rims onto a picture of your car :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.