Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
theTSXguru
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing the A-spec suspension on my car on Sunday - and as expected had trouble with the RSB end link bolt.... after 30-40 mins of wire-brushing and WD40.... frustration took over and we decided to use a propane torch to heat the end link nut, in order to remove it - worked like a charm - BUT after re-install - there's play in the links on both sides now, and I hear funky noises from the back while cornering sometimes....

SO - I'm about to buy a Progress or Comptech RSB - IS IT WORTH gettin the progress endlinks along with? Anyone have experience with end-links other than OEM?

AND - as a sidenote - how have others managed to remove the endlink w/o too much trouble????

Any help/advise will be appreciated.....

BTW - acura should have made the A-Spec suspension STOCK - it seems to ride smoother than stock.....

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
First off... WD-40 is NOT a good penetrating oil. Do yourself a huge favour and buy some PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench for this kind of thing.
Secondly, you should not "need" Progress endlinks. An endlink is an endlink (for the mostpart). I've had good experiences with Moog, OEM, and even a few white box endlinks. Mind you this was always for my wife's car (Mazda Protege5) but the one endlink I replaced on the TSX was OEM as it was the same price as white box ones.

Reactions: DarkFireProdigy

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,363 Posts
yes, OEM endlinks seize up all time. as stated, get some PB blaster next time. and did you use just a wrench to try to get the nut off or did you use a wrench and an allen key for inside the "bolt" part?

if you do not plan on doing any track days or autocross, the adjustable endlinks are a bit much. just pick up another set of OEM ones or any other OEM replacements.

·
White.on.White
727 Posts
What kinda noises are you hearing? After I changed my suspension, I've been hearing clanking noises like something is loose or something. The shop couldn't find what was wrong :(

·
lulz generator
691 Posts

·
DiRTBAG Jose!
1,306 Posts
if your hearing clunking noises in the rear while turning it might be an endlink bolt and your rsb is not attached to the endlink.one of my buddies had this problem so we took off the wheel and saw the rsb was not on the endlink.bought a bolt.put it on.and it was fixed:)

·
theTSXguru
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, OEM endlinks seize up all time. as stated, get some PB blaster next time. and did you use just a wrench to try to get the nut off or did you use a wrench and an allen key for inside the "bolt" part?

if you do not plan on doing any track days or autocross, the adjustable endlinks are a bit much. just pick up another set of OEM ones or any other OEM replacements.
Didn't use an allen key, instead there's a non-threaded part of the bolt, behind the bracket, vice-gripped it, STILL had issues.

Agree with Curls and you - just getting after-market Moog endlinks $40 each - Acura stealership quoted me $135+taxes for both !!

will DEFINITELY be buying some PB Blaster for saturday - when I gotta unbolt the bottom part of the endlink - to install the sway bar.

that's EXACTLY how i did it!!

Now the noises - its weird - that creaking trunk noise that I've always been ignoring has gotten worse.

The new clunking noises come and go - mostly when going over speed bumps, or cornering fast - its a dull clunking/thudding noise.

Thanks for the help guys - will update after sway bar install....

·
lulz generator
691 Posts
Now the noises - its weird - that creaking trunk noise that I've always been ignoring has gotten worse.

The new clunking noises come and go - mostly when going over speed bumps, or cornering fast - its a dull clunking/thudding noise..
The creaking noise may be your bushings, they creak, need to be greased.

The clunking... I dono :donno:

GL

·
Registered
205 Posts
if your hearing clunking noises in the rear while turning it might be an endlink bolt and your rsb is not attached to the endlink.one of my buddies had this problem so we took off the wheel and saw the rsb was not on the endlink.bought a bolt.put it on.and it was fixed:)
^ A complete idiot most likely!! :laugh:

But let me know how your moog ones are, I need to change mines... stripped the threading...

·
theTSXguru
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ A complete idiot most likely!! :laugh:

But let me know how your moog ones are, I need to change mines... stripped the threading...
UPDATE - RSB installed - ride definitely improved!!
Endlink wasn't as bad as I thought - apart from a slightly burned boot

for those that are interested here's a compare pic oem vs moog endlinks. The moogs are definitely beefier - however they don't come with sealed boots like the oem ones do - which means - periodic greasing will be required.... No allen key required on the Moog endlinks either!

·
Registered
130 Posts
how did you resolve your clunking/creaking noise? did your bushings just need more lube? i'm getting the same problem as I just installed my Progress RSB last night.

·
theTSXguru
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes - more grease inside the bushing definitely helped - but still creaks a little when going up/down very steep inclines (my underground garage has a steep incline to the lower level) otherwise its fine - the highway ramps are a lot more inviting now!

Reactions: Age

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Go to heel toe.. get the prothane bushing.. they are awesome.. i haven't greased mine for over 2 years now.. still no sound... and they're cheap

1 - 14 of 14 Posts