Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive never had a car that was lowered, but I LOVE the look on the TSX when is it a bit lower.. lets say maybe 2-3 inches? I was wandering if anyone could tell me the pros and cons!

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
Car handles good... But beware of uneven road where you might scrap under chassis... Also get rebuildable coilovers like teins just Incase shocks blow... Enjoy

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Welcome...2-3" is a Huge difference in wheel gap. All depends on what your needs on and how the roads are around you. Personally if this is your first time dropping a car I wouldn't go lower than 1.5".

Get a quality set of coilovers and get the hang of it. You can always go lower to say 2" once you feel accustomed to it.

3" is like slammed btw.

Pros: Less wheel gap looks nicer/sportier/agressive. Depending on the setup (many variables but generally speaking) lower center of gravity so car should handle better. Ability to "stance" if you get wheels.

Cons: Suspension components lose lifespan, certain driveways/roads become unattainable/unbearable, must driver slower, will need camber kit ($) to get back to factory specs, tires may eat out quicker.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome...2-3" is a Huge difference in wheel gap. All depends on what your needs on and how the roads are around you. Personally if this is your first time dropping a car I wouldn't go lower than 1.5".

Get a quality set of coilovers and get the hang of it. You can always go lower to say 2" once you feel accustomed to it.

3" is like slammed btw.

Pros: Less wheel gap looks nicer/sportier/agressive. Depending on the setup (many variables but generally speaking) lower center of gravity so car should handle better. Ability to "stance" if you get wheels.

Cons: Suspension components lose lifespan, certain driveways/roads become unattainable/unbearable, must driver slower, will need camber kit ($) to get back to factory specs, tires may eat out quicker.
In other words., You MUST lower your car!

·
GO BLUE!
884 Posts

3" is like slammed btw.

+1, 1.5" is a minimum drop for FF Type 1, which gives you about 1-2 finger gap all around and has a nice balance between look and practicality. That was what I did when I first had the car dropped. The look is great, and I can handle most of the road around my area. After I got the wheel, I drop another inch, now it's getting a while to get used to and Im rubbing the lining evertime i hit the bump..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts