Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanna say i got my tsx....about 2 months ago? and i just absolutely love it. But nothing can be perfect right?

I live on the west coast (vancouver) and it rains a hell of a lot here! Lately its been pouring and looks like its gonna be going on for a while... and i've noticed that the rain seems to keep coming down on the outsides of my leather seats. When its raining or the car is wet from the rain, when you open the driver side door, the top of the door frame is not directly above the "metal acura" sign, but its further in, above the right side of my drivers seat. so once i open the door, usually 1 or 2 drops of water get on the seats and then i sit down so then my pants r wet =( and now the leather is cracking a bit. could be the regular wear and tear of leather, or maybe i got a fat ass haha... anyways... im done venting..
i still loves my baby.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Meguiars Leather Care ... Will put your leather back in good condition. I was worried when I saw the title. Don't worry, leather is fine with water. Suede or cloth is when it's really a concern.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
mrjade..i thought u peed yourself..haha

i park on a slope..and recently i've left the roof on tilt :nervous: and i get to the car in the morning its wet..hehe so i dry it off with microfiber towell..and ya off i go.haha

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just kid yourself the honey in Noels avatar made your seats wet. :drool:

Once again Noel doesn't fail in having a very impressive chick associated with his posts..........:thumbsup:

:lickout:

:bowdown1:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah NO i didnt wet my pants. but i did write that decieving title haha.

i was just complaining about the design the door frame of the tsx. never happened in my old civic tho... although i'd take my tsx over my civic ANY DAY! haha...

i actually love -phase-'s pics/clips better.... MMMmmmm sin city Mmmm jessica alba... =)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Matell - A picture means a thousand words, nothing like letting everyone have a good visual experience whilst reading up on whatever they're interested in.

MrJade - Your concerns voice a much bigger issue in my opinion. No door frame on any car should have a problem with moisture or wetness being able to penetrate the cabin unless otherwise submerged.

I'd strongly urge you to have your dealership look at your concerns and have them address the problems. I'm very likely to say all the door rubber seals, hinges and locks if replaced under warranty will almost certainly fix this problem. It's not un-common for failed rubber seals in any manufacturer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its not a problem w/ the hinges or seals or rubber or locks. its when the door is open.
anyways not a big problem, i just have drops of water when i open the door when it rains.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
I have the same problem......but dude, it's only a few drops of water man, it ain't gonna kill your seats~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts