Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mods...put this where ud like, just put it here out of hope for a quick reply:

okay guys, i just finished installing the ICELINK, its all hooked up right, the ipod plays through the stereo...however i cant control it...ur supost to hit 6 to get into the menu, same w/ the other buttons to control it, however when im pushing the buttons nothing happens, im redoing my ipod right now, allready had all the updates it seems...anyone know what i did wrong?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ugh common guys...the one time I really need help and no ones here...********* is completly out...ugh...can this night get any worse

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
allright well I got the Ipod playing through the stereo...just cant control it...:( so yeah...if someone could give me a sugestion by morning that would be great...im prob just gonna put the TSX dash back together right now and deal w/ it in the morning

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
hmmm....not familiar with ICELINK at all... sorry...

how's your car BTW?

·
Registered
9 Posts
call them up... im sure they back thier product... i mean it was a $250 investment into a luxury vehical...tell them you followed thier instructions (i assume u did) and tell them your problem

·
Registered
220 Posts
MemphisRheins said:
ugh common guys...the one time I really need help and no ones here...********* is completly out...ugh...can this night get any worse
Is it the ICE-Link or ICE-link PLUS? The PLUS you can use your controls with. I will be installing mine this weekend.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Plus, and Densions Hours are Monday throu Friday 8am to 3pm, im gonna go take it apart completly now, see if I redo it it will work better perhapss...dunno

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just finished the install on my ICE-link PLUS. I noticed the Sony user interface is quite slow. I push 6 to change lists and it takes about 5 seconds for it to respond. The same with the fwd & rev buttons for songs. I will try to change back to iPod UI. Works much better (sound quality) than the Griffin iTrip I was using. Sine you are not able to control it are you sure your ICE-link is plugged in completely to the adapter (black box)? Or possible the Sony ICE-link (black 3" long adapter) is bad. Good luck with it and keep us posted.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
miner said:
I just finished the install on my ICE-link PLUS. I noticed the Sony user interface is quite slow. I push 6 to change lists and it takes about 5 seconds for it to respond. The same with the fwd & rev buttons for songs. I will try to change back to iPod UI. Works much better (sound quality) than the Griffin iTrip I was using. Sine you are not able to control it are you sure your ICE-link is plugged in completely to the adapter (black box)? Or possible the Sony ICE-link (black 3" long adapter) is bad. Good luck with it and keep us posted.

Well, mines completly pluged in, i reinstalled it this morning, then took it out and im gonna call dension on monday... I know it somewhat works because it plays music, qualitys amasing, esp w/ aftermarket speakers..., I push 6 but nothing happens period, it either stays at the Do not watch the IPOD while driving, or never makes it past the Sony stereo selected, please turn on ignition and restart
The Stereo Head just says CDC ---
dosent do anything even when I push 6, wheel controls dont do anything except change the volume

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TSX 'R' US said:
how's your car BTW?
Its good, Runs like usual, only complaint is that the Shifter is really tight right now, Acura said that should be usual because its a brand new tranny, the tranny only has maybe 3 miles on it right now... Driven home and to the Firehouse this morning when we had a call..., besides that the cars been sitting in my garage w/ the dash appart for the icelink lol, but thats the norm for this car, im allways doing something to it, so its usually partly dissasembled

·
Registered
220 Posts
MemphisRheins said:
Well, mines completly pluged in, i reinstalled it this morning, then took it out and im gonna call dension on monday... I know it somewhat works because it plays music, qualitys amasing, esp w/ aftermarket speakers..., I push 6 but nothing happens period, it either stays at the Do not watch the IPOD while driving, or never makes it past the Sony stereo selected, please turn on ignition and restart
dosent do anything even when I push 6, wheel controls dont do anything except change the volume
Do you have playlists on you iPod; that is what button 6 if for IIRC - to change playlists, not songs. To change songs you can use the FF RW buttons on the stereo. If you do not have any play lists then nothing will happen whne you push button 6. I still need to read the directions to be sure.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
miner said:
Do you have playlists on you iPod; that is what button 6 if for IIRC - to change playlists, not songs. To change songs you can use the FF RW buttons on the stereo. If you do not have any play lists then nothing will happen whne you push button 6. I still need to read the directions to be sure.
I have a couple of playlists on my Ipod, thing is i cant control anything, none of the buttons do anything, also isnt the Steering wheel supost to be able to change songs too..kinda half the reason why i opted to spend that much money

Edit: Instructions say to push button 6 first to get into the menu

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes, you are absolutely right on you assumptions. I can fwd & rev songs with my + & - buttons on the steering wheel. I am still trying to learn the functions; just started reading them yesterday after this series of questions. Have you set up your Gain control , and, if so, which did you choose? I haven't done this yet. You may also try resetting your iPod by holding down the select & menu buttons. Sorry I haven't been much help. Let us know what Dension suggests. Thanks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have noticed that the FF & Previous features use the same button - the >>.
FF comes into affect when you hold that button down. And to Navigate within menus you nedd to be quick on the relase of the >> button or you may miss you choice. BTW, my gain setting on the ICE-link is 4V. Dension needs to work on this software a bit. On the other site a member gives his opinion of the operation of the ICE-link PLUS. Nice reading & intuitive.

·
Registered
220 Posts
MemphisRheins said:
The + / - on the wheel controls should move to next song or back to beginning of current song. Your Sony ICE may be toast - my version is 2.0.3 I think.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts