Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAR: 2008, Acura TSX, Engine: 2.4L, 2354 CC, 117k miles

So when I turn on the AC/Heater a chirping sound comes from the Belt Tensioner and the Belt Tensioner assembly is shaking/moving.

Do you think I should only change the pulley or the entire belt tensioner assembly?

Anyone know what the torque specs are for both the Assembly and Pulley?

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I changed mine three times, never looked up the torque specs. Just remember you tightening bolts into aluminum. Don’t know the oe brand. The parts stores carry two basic types, only one of which will be built like the original one. Buy the one that looks the one in your car. The non oe looking one uses a different size bolt on the pulley and has a weaker spring that might start bouncing soon after installation. Not sure about that Amazon tensioner. This is the one I installed last : https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...4348132/2005/acura/tsx?q=Belt+tensioner&pos=0

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just called Continental 888-899-6354 for the Continental Part #49413 and the person answering told me something about the pulley being steel and not aluminum...if that's true I'll go with that.

I'm guessing the OEM for this belt tensioner is Denso, but unsure...

·
Registered
77 Posts
The body of the tensioner and the engine block in your car are made of aluminum. The pulley is made of steel and is secured to the aluminum idler arm with a steel bolt and captive steel nut.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts