Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting a PLM header off ebay, will I need to get aftermarket mounts; since it doesn't have a "flex pipe"

Also, to the people who have the PLM do I have to extend the o2 sensor wires? I also read that the header needs to be welded, can this be done before the header is installed or does it have to be on the car first?

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thinking about getting a PLM header off ebay, will I need to get aftermarket mounts; since it doesn't have a "flex pipe"

Also, to the people who have the PLM do I have to extend the o2 sensor wires? I also read that the header needs to be welded, can this be done before the header is installed or does it have to be on the car first?

Thanks
I just got this header installed on Friday so I can give you a little bit of insight. Its my understanding that the donut gasket with the use of spring bolts takes the place of a flex pipe so I would think aftermarket mounts would not be needed. I'm currently not using spring bolts but will do so later on. I feel a little bit of vibration which I think is due to not using the spring bolts. Also, the o2 sensor didn't need to be extended, just re-routed. In terms of welding the header I did not. I didn't even get the adjustable test pipe welded. I just used an exhaust clamp and it seems to work just fine so far. If you did want to get it welded, they should be able to weld on the car just fine.

In terms of buying the header, there is a seller that had a group buy or discounted purchasing price for tsxclub members. His email is ablewayintl @ sbcglobal . net. He was an awsome seller with fast shipping a killer price. Send him an email and say PacDawg sent you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.