Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here is a brief history. I bought the car knowing that I was going to have it titled and that it would be a rebuilt title. I drive this thing everyday and it runs flawless, after getting it back in nice shape I am just upside down in it. Sooooo I am going to part this out and try and get as much back as I can! Let me know what you need and I will get it pulled and shipped asap. It was hit on the passenger rear door, no airbags where deployed and basically the rear door was replaced. I do have the set of factory wheels as well with good tires. Located in northern Illinois

Here are a couple more pictures of my car in front of my house with a sign, it seems that a couple people are a bit worried.

I can provide VINS etc and any contact number you may need.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,045 Posts
Is this really a full part out, as in you'll take apart transmission if requested? Or aftermarket parts part out?

Just need to know the specifics.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this really a full part out, as in you'll take apart transmission if requested? Or aftermarket parts part out?

Just need to know the specifics.
I would sell the transmission as a whole. I dont know enough about auto transmissions to part one out. The car has no aftermarket parts on it at all except the wheels so I am parting this car out until there is nothing left of it lol.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm pretty sure people want more info on this car especially after being salvaged. I'm just looking out after others and your story isn't making sense. Either way, GLWS...
Ok here we go, I purchased the car from a buddy of mine who rebuilds cars for a living, the car had been hit on the rear passenger door, requiring both doors to be replaced. I bought it back in February fixed, I drive on dealer plates so the car had not yet had the rebuilt title issued on it, as part of the deal I was going to have to drive to the inspection station (4 hours away) and have it inspected. The car runs and drives great, the issue is this, after what I paid for the car and the extra little things I had to put into it (floor matts, tires, window regulator etc) and the things that it still needs in order for it to be ready to resell it and the costs of having the inspection done and the title fees, I am going to be upside down in the car. I sat down and figured what I would get back out of it if I parted it and I will get better money doing it that way. When it is down to the bare necessities I will either sell the rolling shell to someone cheap enough they can put it together and have a cheap rebuilt car or I will take it to the scrap yard. I need a truck and this car needs to go, so the only way to get my money back out of it is to part it. I hope this clears up your concerns or anyone elses.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.