Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Seattle,WA
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'll be coming out to Oahu in 2 days for a week. Any places I should check out? Going with my woman and a few others. Places to eat? Nightlife? Things to see?

Let me know. I can't wait!

·
Boosting 24/7
3,085 Posts
hmm... well besides the usual spots like the various malls and waikiki, you should also hit up some of the hiking trails here. if you decide to go out to the windward side of the island, which is really beautiful and green, there's two places that i would recommend you folks trying; Cinnamon's, who are known for their red velvet pancakes http://www.cinnamonsrestaurant.com/ and Boots and Kimos http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Hon...ts-and-Kimos-Homestyle-Kitchen/listing/21491/ . i'm sure the other local members here can chime in about these two restaurants. if you're going to be mostly in the downtown/waikiki area, there's the honolulu zoo, waikiki aquarium, ala moana shopping center, etc. also, if you guys are staying in waikiki, i would recommend trying Rainbow drive-inn Rainbow Drive-In | Hawaiian Plate Lunches | Honolulu, Hawaii . those are two other local favorites. if you folks decide to hit up the north shore, definitely check out Matsumoto Matsumoto Shave Ice Shave Ice located in Haleiwa. if you guys like mexican food, there's a local favorite called Cholo's homestyle mexican Aloha and Welcome To Cholos Homestyle Mexican Restaurant & Margarita Bar******** . ohhh and i can't forget about Liliha Bakery and their coco puffs. http://lilihabakeryhawaii.com/baked_goods

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Hawaii
1,506 Posts
Or if u want to meet some of us ill setup a meet on Cherry on Top!! ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had to stay in Oahu work related for 2 months.
The coolest thing you can do is visit Huanama bay. I don't know if I spelled it correctly.
It's a world famous coral reef and exotic fish snorkeling bay.
It's the most amazing hing I've seen in Hawaii.

Also, I'm assuming your staying in Waikiki, there is a lil market there where locals sell all kinds of souvenirs. There is also a MUCH bigger flea market next to pearl harbor. It's much cheaper there too.

I would also recommend you to try their local fish dish: mahi. At the right place it's daily catch, and tastes really good.

It's also cool to rent scooters and explore all of Waikiki that way.

Have fun, talkto locals, they can point you to the good restaurants and so forth :)

·
Boosting 24/7
3,085 Posts
I had to stay in Oahu work related for 2 months.
The coolest thing you can do is visit Huanama bay. I don't know if I spelled it correctly.
It's a world famous coral reef and exotic fish snorkeling bay.
It's the most amazing hing I've seen in Hawaii.

Also, I'm assuming your staying in Waikiki, there is a lil market there where locals sell all kinds of souvenirs. There is also a MUCH bigger flea market next to pearl harbor. It's much cheaper there too.

I would also recommend you to try their local fish dish: mahi. At the right place it's daily catch, and tastes really good.

It's also cool to rent scooters and explore all of Waikiki that way.

Have fun, talkto locals, they can point you to the good restaurants and so forth :)
ohhh yes!! how could i forget about Hanauma Bay! yes, it is an amazing sight to see and snorkel with the aquatic life there. they're closed on tuesdays and the parking lot fills up fast so i would recommend getting there early.

i think the market in waikiki you're referring to is the international market place. good place to get little nick-nacks and the like. the flea market you're referring to is the Aloha Stadium swap meet. as mentioned, it is quite a bit cheaper than waikiki prices.
Also don't jay walk In Waikiki, some dumb cop tried giving me a ticket! Lol thats a little harsh when it's a tourist area!
damn, that sucks. plenty of cops patrolling waikiki so gotta obey the laws LOL!! also, don't try and run across the crosswalk if you don't have the signal cus drivers here will go without hesitating:eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
202 Posts
go kalihi. Eat at Helena"s
Don't eat at L&L lol go Liliha Bakery, go eat da street if they have, go Leonard's bakery, Do go to different hike trails/nature trails, go to yelp, if u a yelper like me hit me up there I got reviews and bookmarkes on pretty G places, if ur in Waikiki as well do go to PUKA DOG hella G place, and if u by kapahulu go to Uncle Bo's good pupus there, ho home bar and grille too, if u like da kind Japanese noodles and sheet in Waikiki there's this place called murukame udon cafeteria style but all freshly made in front of u, long lines, Do go to the Polynesian cultural center. They have package deals where u have tours. Dinner and a really nice show in the end. Called Ha the breathe of life, shows da essence of Polynesian culture, but yup good luck man, and heads up tips. To avoid mainland bugga tourist status

Please use ur signals
Please Shaka or wave ur hand when u cut in front of other cars or if they let u through
Please don't use horns unless u gotta wake da driver in front of u to go
Please don't speed crazy in da streets its an island take yo time!
Please SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY OUR STATE NEED IT hah

N Aloha mai braddah!!:)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
202 Posts
And every Friday at around 6-7 go find a nice spot by the boardwalk around the Hilton hotel cause they always have firework displays, and for da best SHAVE ICE go SHIMAZU in kalihi best variety, and trust me get the LARRY!!!!! Go paina cafe for poke bowls at wards, side street inn good ass food!!!yehh buddy!!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha thanks for the tips. Been here two days in waikiki and its nice! Definitely going hiking all around the mountains. Planning on camping out one night too. I'm gonna hit up the stadium flee market and going snorkling tomorrow. Got a plug on the island who use to.be a tour guide. Wish I could meet the other tsxs from Hawaii. That'd be sick! If you plan a meet around wailiki ill make it. Didn't know if yoy guys were from the main island or oahu. I'm here until next weds.

Muhalo!

·
Alberto Acosta - 808TSXer
1,176 Posts
dang, wish i was back home.. We'd set a meet fa sho... Cherry On Top (where we usually do our meets) is a Frozen Yogurt joint, and its pretty bad ass.. u guys deff should go there

·
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Might have too. Been to almost all the places mentioned. Good looks. Giovanni's is bomb! Seen a couple clean tsx's. Both black. But the nicest was Aspec lip kit on white TE's. Also had a Sduce in the driveway. Props!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Hawaii
1,506 Posts
hey man, do u have a rental car? id pick u up, but ur in waikiki thats like asking for an Automatic ticket!!! LOL... hows tuesday night sounds to you? ill send out texts see if people are down... :) lmk, here's my number 8086365301, just txt me if ur down

·
Boosting 24/7
3,085 Posts
Might have too. Been to almost all the places mentioned. Good looks. Giovanni's is bomb! Seen a couple clean tsx's. Both black. But the nicest was Aspec lip kit on white TE's. Also had a Sduce in the driveway. Props!
glad you're enjoying your trip so far! that black tsx with the white TE's and black S2K in the driveway belong to my friend and his brother! you were like a few mins away from where i work if you saw their cars/house! i literally work right up the street from them!

·
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
06tsx you still have your headlights for sale!? Haha dang I missed yours! Small island. Everyone knows everyone. I'm loving it.

·
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I heard. Trying to swoop with the cash I have left from this vaca! But On hold until Monday. Make your money!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts