Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early on, there were discussions concerning how the red reflectors in the rear lower bumper should light up?

I started looking into the possibility of this as DIY project and got the ball rolling by ordering a new bumper reflector that I can practice on.

I just returned from a friend who deals in LEDs and now have some to experiment with.

The surface behind the reflector has several projections that are perpendicular to it and prevent the addition of more than about 4 LEDs, but I'm considering only using 3 right now.

Any thoughts on how to configure them? I was thinking three LEDs, the two on the outside would light up with the brakes and the center would work with the turn signal. Does this sound like a good configuration or does smoeone have a better suggestion?

·
Registered
332 Posts
How sophisticated is the controller? Can you do reduced brightness (for marker lights), or sequence them so they move left and right with the turn signals (knight rider style!). Or strobe them with the brakes? Maybe a little over the top, but they are very sutle lights anyhow.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
kiteboy said:
How sophisticated is the controller? Can you do reduced brightness (for marker lights), or sequence them so they move left and right with the turn signals (knight rider style!). Or strobe them with the brakes? Maybe a little over the top, but they are very sutle lights anyhow.
I'm pursuing this with the possiblity of turning it into a resale item. Right now, I'm sort of in the Alpha stage and need to prove it out. So the goal for now is to keep it simple and see how the LEDs perform and determine if it's viable?

My initial thought was to do hook them up to the turn signal and have them operate sequentially and that may be a possible option later on?

All the features you mention are doable, but I'm looking at getting it to work and keeping the costs low. Besides, I need to research DOT standards and be sure anything I do is not in violation as I don't want to get pulled over and provide my name. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts