Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new member checking in from Scottsdale, Arizona.

There's not much of an 'enthusiast' base yet for the 2013 ILX but I've been browsing the TSX forums since we share a lot (drivetrain wise, anyway) in common. In June I got a 2013 ILX 6MT Premium in Silver Moon Metallic with Ebony Interior.

It also has the Sport Underbody Kit, Lip Spoiler, Accessory 17" Wheels, Illuminated Door Sills, Cargo Tray, and All-Weather Mats.

The odometer is at 14,800 miles already. I'm blogging about my experience with the car on Drive to Five: drivetofive. Car's a blast; I love the rev-happy 2.4L 201 hp four that's carried over from the TSX. The six speed is smooth as can be. I'm getting 32 mpg average.

Here are a few recent pics.

This car replaces my old trusty 1994 Legend LS coupe 6-speed as a daily driver after over 9 years. I've had the Legend since it had 95,000 miles on the odometer and it is currently at just over 515,000. Original engine, trans, and clutch. I turned over 500,000 miles in it at Acura HQ in Torrance, CA last November.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lwi1ut_PZ4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyway, good to be here and look forward to learning a thing or two about TSXs from you all.

·
Registered
834 Posts
GTFO!!! JK :)
Congrats on that awesome milestone bro. Feels like it'd be an honor to be presented to a crowd like that for that milestone. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome!

Love the ILX, but that Legend is the bomb! Those 6 speeds from 94 and 95 are golden, and very rare. Glad you stayed in the Acura family.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
Im sure many of us on here have been following you, via facebook or any other forums you are on.

Truly an achievement. Welcome, enjoy your stay. Good job on the a spec accessories, makes the car stand out!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
This is the first time I have herd of you, but congrats and look forward to getting to know you!!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
Did they give you a deal on the new Acura? lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome! :D
GTFO!!! JK :)
Congrats on that awesome milestone bro. Feels like it'd be an honor to be presented to a crowd like that for that milestone. Welcome to the club.
Thanks man, appreciate that. Yeah it was pretty surreal pulling up to the red carpet and seeing my name there larger than life. I got to bring the banner home and it's hanging on my garage wall.
Love the ILX, but that Legend is the bomb! Those 6 speeds from 94 and 95 are golden, and very rare. Glad you stayed in the Acura family.
Thanks, yeah I'll always love my Legend. The Type II 6MT coupe came out in 1993, and then the Type II 6MT GS sedan followed in 1994. The Legend was killed after 1995. I have a sedan that matches my coupe. The coupe has 515,300 on it. The sedan has 143,200. Both are 6-speeds. Tough to find.

Welcome, enjoy your stay. Good job on the a spec accessories, makes the car stand out!
Thanks for having me. Yeah I love the OEM accessories. The only thing I didn't get (exterior wise, anyway) was the side moldings on the doors.
This is the first time I have herd of you, but congrats and look forward to getting to know you!!
Thanks and likewise!
don't they share similarities with the civic instead? Otherwise, it's a good looking car!
Truth - it's based on the Civic platform. And thanks!
The legend comes in 6 speed?
Yes, it did for the last 3 years of production.

More pics of my coupe:

http://*********.com/forums/showthread.php?t=867761

URL didn't paste right, but it's acura zine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Man I have watched videos about the ILX on youtube and acuras website, and have seen you and heard this whole story haha this is kind of weird... That you happened to find this forum because of my car lol

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Welcome! Have followed your blog, congrats on that amazing achievement!

I saw a blue ILX last week and wow what a difference the aspec package makes.

·
straight (father) hood!
2,362 Posts
Welcome to the club! The ILX is nice...but your Legends are Beautiful!

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
Congrats on the mile stone not a lot of the legend are kept up to par like yours... Enjoy

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
I LOVE your collection of Acura Legends. I wanted a 6speed Legend SO badly.. Extremely rare indeed! I can't believe you have a coupe and sedan. Drool-worthy!

Congrats on the newest purchase!

·
Registered
657 Posts
You're legends are beautiful man, I'd take those any day over the ILX. Love the body style, makes me miss my old CB7.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The legends are beautiful indeed, and the ILX is stunning too. 6MTs all across the board!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts