Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Coming soon ABP 05 TSX
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I am new to the board and love the site so far I am about to order an ABP 05 TSX 6-speed no Nav from work (I work for American Honda) and can't wait to get it. I currently have an 03 Durango which I hate and can't wait to get back into a car.
So before I order my car anyone have any suggestions as to what I should get and not get. So far I have decided to not go with the nav since the only reason I would want it is for bluetooth and that's not avail on the TSX yet. I think i'm going to Add the rear spolier and fog lights but can't decide on if I want any of the other Rims that are offered?

And another noob question what is the best Short shifter for the TSX I think that and the S2K shift nob will be my first mods.
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,660 Posts
Hello, welcome, and congrats in advance 2kgtx :wavey:
I would for sure get the navi! You wont regret it ;)
I would also get the A-Spec suspension, and OEM body kit (since you work for Honda) :thumbsup:

Joker - who has the Ti S2K shift knob, and loves it :nod:
 

·
whatever
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
welcome 2kgtx :wavey:
spoiler and foggies are really just cosmetics (heck they are probly the least functional things for the TSX) where as nav is 100% functionality and lux item. I am a big Nav fan.so I can only suggest you give it more consideration over cosmetic things.

robert who thinks n00b probly knows Hondaman
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
7,952 Posts
Joker said:
Hello, welcome, and congrats in advance 2kgtx :wavey:
I would for sure get the navi! You wont regret it ;)
I would also get the A-Spec suspension, and OEM body kit (since you work for Honda) :thumbsup:

Joker - who has the Ti S2K shift knob, and loves it :nod:

I Agree Completly w/ that
 

·
Coming soon ABP 05 TSX
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even with working at Honda the A-spec package jumps the price just way to high plus i'd rather get an after market body kit since the OEM body kit is going to become comon on the car as did the "Aero Kit" for the Celica AKA action pack body kit.
As for the Nav I keep on jumping back and forth on that my fiance keeps on telling me to save the money but it's only a couple dollars extra a month anyway. Maybe i'll order it and when it comes in and has it i'll say oops I must have clicked the wrong button
 

·
BUM
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
2kgtx said:
Even with working at Honda the A-spec package jumps the price just way to high plus i'd rather get an after market body kit since the OEM body kit is going to become comon on the car as did the "Aero Kit" for the Celica AKA action pack body kit.
As for the Nav I keep on jumping back and forth on that my fiance keeps on telling me to save the money but it's only a couple dollars extra a month anyway. Maybe i'll order it and when it comes in and has it i'll say oops I must have clicked the wrong button
You may be interpreting the A-Spec thing wrong. What he means is the A-Spec suspension only...which is $800 factory (I think). He's not telling you to get the whole $5000 A-Spec package...just suspension only. There you go...good explanation to get the navi. And yes you won't regret it....Although you might regret it if you don't order it.
 

·
Coming soon ABP 05 TSX
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pocketkiller said:
You may be interpreting the A-Spec thing wrong. What he means is the A-Spec suspension only...which is $800 factory (I think). He's not telling you to get the whole $5000 A-Spec package...just suspension only. There you go...good explanation to get the navi. And yes you won't regret it....Although you might regret it if you don't order it.
Ok I get it I'll have to see if they offer just the suspension. ordering through work gives us different options then the dealers alot of the options are dealer added not throught the manufactuer.
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,660 Posts
pocketkiller said:
You may be interpreting the A-Spec thing wrong. What he means is the A-Spec suspension only...which is $800 factory (I think). He's not telling you to get the whole $5000 A-Spec package...just suspension only.
^^^:nod: :thumbsup:
 

·
BUM
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
2kgtx said:
Ok I get it I'll have to see if they offer just the suspension. ordering through work gives us different options then the dealers alot of the options are dealer added not throught the manufactuer.
That's cool, you should see if they have it. If they had it available when I bought the car I would have totally got it. Now I have to save up another $800 on top of new tires.

I have seen some people purchasing a-spec suspension for around $550-650 from ebay too.
 

·
Coming soon ABP 05 TSX
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah I hope they do that is one thing I will definitly do anyway so may as well get it from the beginning. So no one said anything about the short shift?
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,660 Posts
pocketkiller said:
I have seen some people purchasing a-spec suspension for around $550-650 from ebay too.
You took the words right out of my mouth PK :thumbsup:
 

·
whatever
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
2kgtx said:
.............
As for the Nav I keep on jumping back and forth on that my fiance keeps on telling me to save the money but it's only a couple dollars extra a month anyway. Maybe i'll order it and when it comes in and has it i'll say oops I must have clicked the wrong button
:eek:



Trust me dude, get it outta your head, it's not gonna work

robert who doesn't want n00b get :bill: on this
 

·
whatever
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
he's gone beyond the point of no return
 

·
Coming soon ABP 05 TSX
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL I told her last night that I'm just gonna have to get the nav it's not that much extra so it will be ok. and yeah it is funny how everyone jumps on Noob threads I don't even know why I named it that I just couldn't think of another title for the thread. BTW i'm not new to the car forum community I used to be a whore on newcelica.org but I lost interest since I sold mine I think tsxclub.com will be my new home.

And on that note I OWN3d page 2 :ben:
 

·
BUM
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
2kgtx said:
I used to be a whore on newcelica.org but I lost interest since I sold mine I think tsxclub.com will be my new home.

And on that note I OWN3d page 2 :ben:
Plenty of whore's here...as well as whore threads.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
7,952 Posts
pocketkiller said:
Plenty of whore's here...as well as whore threads.
:wavey:

Yup, Plenty of us here :naughty:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top