Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, as the title implies - I really know nothing about tires/wheels and, well, basically cars in general. Anyway, I'll keep this short - got a 2012 Acura TSX Tech and love it but I do want to somewhat differentiate my car from the other TSX's on the road. I want to add some new wheels to it, but want to keep them "stock" as in the Honda/Acura family.

My wheels now are 17" and the tires are 225/50/R17 (93 V - whatever that means).

I've narrowed my search to a few I've found on ebay, and wondering which would be the most seamless fit. I'd like to keep 17" just so I don't have to buy new tires as well.

1) 2012 Acura TL rims - They're 17" but it looks like they're 17 x 8 and I think mine are 17 x 7.5. Is that a big deal?

2) 2013 Honda Accord rims - I think these would be pretty much an even swap.

3) 2005 Acura RSX rims - Gunmetal, and by looking at my golf club, looks to be a dark copper'ish - bronze color. I actually like these the best, but I'm wondering if they were made with the TPMS in mind? I think the size is the same as I currently have: 17 x 7.5

Any ideas?

Also, any estimates as to what my Acura dealer would charge to take my tires off, put them on the new rims and redo the TPMS (if that needs to be done)?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

·
Registered
278 Posts
i say you should probably think about aftermarket wheels lol, cuz you will probably regret swapping to just another oem, just saying. also you might want to think of suspension first because that is a very important factor. Most people decide on a wheels first without considering suspension and eventually end up with the look they don't want or using more money in the end.

·
四世
1,767 Posts
I do want to somewhat differentiate my car from the other TSX's on the road.
Like slick said, lowering the car first is the way to go. Just wheels, or 4x4 status, sucks, speaking from experience. People will notice you if your car is lowered, trust me. Lowering makes a world of difference, both aesthetically and performance-wise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i say you should probably think about aftermarket wheels lol, cuz you will probably regret swapping to just another oem, just saying. also you might want to think of suspension first because that is a very important factor. Most people decide on a wheels first without considering suspension and eventually end up with the look they don't want or using more money in the end.
I agree. I mean personally I like looking at a car with some different aftermarket wheels, rather than thinking to myself "oh those are tl wheels." kinda cheap, imo. you are driving a $30k car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.