Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just changing my air filter on the 04----my dumb ass left the KEYS and KEYFOB INSIDE THE ENGINE BAY RESTING ON THE STRUT TOWER!!!

finished the job, closed the hood. now the car is completely locked and my keys are in my ENGINE BAY.

what do i do?!!!

i just moved to san antonio and forgot my valet key/spare at my parent's house in houston.

if there is any way to get into the engine bay without damage, i need to know. please PM me so we dont get this information into the wrong hands :(

TIA!!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
6,313 Posts
I don't see any safe way of getting the keys.. are you able to call one of those companies where they unlock the car for you, although that's risking damage too.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
6,313 Posts
Are any of your windows ajar? I'd recommend not tryign any wire/coat hanger methods as they might damage something.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
6,313 Posts
spoonfedhatch said:
thanks vortec, i think i'm going to crawl under the car and see how far i can reach my hand...
i don't think you can crawl far... maybe you can shake the car lol hopefully the keys will fall onto the ground lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FOUND A WAY!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

if you're ever stuck in this situation and i feel you trustworthy, i'll share my info with you ----btw, in involves NO damage to the car!

·
Sicilian Cracker
113 Posts
I'd be interested too know as I have done this before myself but luckily the spare was in the house

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
hyun said:
dont acura cars come with free road side assistance?
Yup, I can attest to the fact that they'll help you get into a locked-out car.

Even if you're in Canada and you bought the car in the US.

:)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,461 Posts
yea i think they send a locksmith and they make a key on the spot. its like a valet key minus the chip. it will unlock the car though and u can get in to unlock the car.
Jay

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
narci said:
Or even better..preventative measure...when I use to work in agarage, at least 1 car window is at least half way down at all times when I'm working on one.

failproof measure. i'll have to start doing that BEFORE i start working on my car from now on :woowoo:

·
, Moderator Emerita
17,179 Posts
spoonfedhatch said:
FOUND A WAY!!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

if you're ever stuck in this situation and i feel you trustworthy, i'll share my info with you ----btw, in involves NO damage to the car!

Ummmmm...wouldn't it be better if you just divulged that information?! I mean, I think that would be the right thing to do especially if people find themselves in that situation! It's not like we have time to log on here and wait for you to respond? And, why is it such classified information?! :donno: This is a car forum! We're here to help eachother out! :nod:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
What to put here?
1,991 Posts
I have an idea of how it would be done. I think it involves the cable that releases the hood and how to reach it. But, it's just a guess since I haven't tried opening my hood that way.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
shay654 said:
Ummmmm...wouldn't it be better if you just divulged that information?! I mean, I think that would be the right thing to do especially if people find themselves in that situation! It's not like we have time to log on here and wait for you to respond? And, why is it such classified information?! :donno: This is a car forum! We're here to help eachother out! :nod:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

i agree. however, posting on automotive forums for over 8 years, i KNOW how dangerous it would be for this extremely simple entry to the vehicle to be disclosed to wandering eyes.

if you want the info, by all means, pm me and i'll share it with you---if you want to make it public for everyone to see, by all means, do it. i've learned my lessons and i won't be held accountable for leaking this info though.

·
Registered
327 Posts
spoonfedhatch, were you able to get into the cabin of the car using your method, or just inside the engine compartment?

I can see why you don't want to post the info. It's so easy to search websites, why hand a method for getting into the TSX out to everyone? I wouldn't want to post it either.

On the other hand, *someone* will find out about it and use the information maliciously. By posting it, you're publicising the information and a solution could be created. Maybe Acura should be told about it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts