Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone! i'm a NOOB here and i just purchased a set of A-spec 18" wheels for my 08 TSX. I am totally stumped about what tires will work best. I am looking for something with good performance but at the same time i am NOT looking to replace every 10k miles. The biggest thing I have NO IDEA about is the tire size. please help me out! I do not want to have to do any fender work. I am looking for a nice tire that will work good stock height with maybe in the future doing a SMALL drop like 1 to 1.5 inches MAX! any and ALL help would be appreciated!!

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
What width are they, 7.5" or 8"? If they're 7.5", I'd suggest 225/40/18. If they're 8", I'd suggest 235/40/18.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What width are they, 7.5" or 8"? If they're 7.5", I'd suggest 225/40/18. If they're 8", I'd suggest 235/40/18.
what r the differences? what do they do for me?? and why do you suggest those! im really sorry but im a dummy when it comes to this. :) btw they are 7.5

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Just to let you know, I checked discount tire's website and its a little cheaper than their ebay listing.

I haven't had any experiences with these tires but my friend tried the 912s on his scion xA that he made into a backroad monster and he loves them. Just from what I hear about the reviews on websites, it seems they have HORRIBLE treadwear and noisy. Food for thought.

I'm trying to save up for Yoko Envigors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to let you know, I checked discount tire's website and its a little cheaper than their ebay listing.

I haven't had any experiences with these tires but my friend tried the 912s on his scion xA that he made into a backroad monster and he loves them. Just from what I hear about the reviews on websites, it seems they have HORRIBLE treadwear and noisy. Food for thought.

I'm trying to save up for Yoko Envigors.
thanks ,man i really appreciate the input :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
It depends on if you want seasonal tires (summer or winter), or all season tires. It also depends on how the roads in your area are, and on how much parallel parking you'll be doing.

Just FYI, I got the 18" Aspec rims, and I got 225/40/18. This is important.

For all season tires, I recommend Dunlop. I got these (though an earlier verion, these are new). I think I had the Potenza RE960AS Pole Position. Very quiet, perform quite well.

IMHO, 40s are too thin, which is why I asked about road condition. If you have a lot of bumps/potholes, you'll really feel them with thin tires. I would recommend 45s or even 50s if you like a smoother ride, or a slightly thicker looking sidewall a la the 3 series BMW (not too low profile, not too high). It will fill out the gap a little better too.

Also, I wouldn't recommend stretched tires. I got 225s, but 235s were recommended. I curbed my rims several times in the last few years solely because the sidewalls didn't extend out far enough to protect the lip. PITA when parallel parking.

·
Jeff
902 Posts
i have a question related to this, bout to get some 18x9s and plannin on gettin 225/40/18 hankooks, hows the ride comfort on this size?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well guys i appreciate all the input and i ended up going with Falken Ziex ZE912. The biggest reason I went with this is because i got them DIRT CHEAP!! I have to admit i am VERY PLEASED!! the ride is great, the performance is great and best of all they LOOK AWESOME!! BTW they are 235/40/Z18

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
I agree, the potenzas are good, The ZE912's are a good tire as well, but having both at the moment the 912's are on my wheels and I have some potenzas are on my oem wheels and the ZE912s were more expensive than the potenzas but the potenzas are an all around better tire. The road noise is zero to none, longer treadlife, comfortable, and most important grips way harder and I notice it more so in the rear because certain areas I drive i take some hard turns. So I have to say I'm pleased with both, but the bridgestone is the bang for the buck tire. Its the G019 for those who are interested. P.S. its a pretty goo performer in wet conditions as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts