Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit: rather than starting a new thread, I figured I would just edit this one. Ignore the body text below and the content of most of this thread. I have 24 hours to return my USA Spec which I am considering bc it goes back to the beginning of a playlist after being disconnected for an extended period of time and then reconnected. I have been told the iSimple picks up right where you left off with the last song.

However, I need to know if the iSimple has a random/shuffle feature. If it does, how exactly does it work? Will it stay on once it is turned on like the USA Spec and can I shuffle my entire library like the USA Spec (all songs mode)?

Also, is the sound quality of the iSimple really inferior like everyone says? These two things are dealbreakers for me, but if they aren't really problems I would like to get the iSimple to remedy the annoyance of the USA Spec not staying on the last song. Thank you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
I mostly do the "all songs" setting and put my phone on shuffle before plugging it in, but every time I unplug it I open music and shuffle is turned off. Do I literally have to manually turn on shuffle every time I unplug it?? That's ridiculous. I don't want to listen to any playlist in order, the songs get old way faster and it defeats the purpose, and is especially bad under all songs setting as then I am listening to everything alphabetically! I could be stuck on the same artist for 20 songs!!

Is there any way to keep shuffle on or to put it on shuffle through the head unit once it is plugged in? Thanks, sure hope there is because other than that problem it works beautifully.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Sweet thanks man. Will it stay on random or do I have to set it every time I plug my phone in?
It'll stay. But if you disconnect the battery, you'll have to redo it.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You hold down one of the numbers for a while and it says
Cool, got it.

One last question, when I turn the car off and unplug it when I get back in and plug it in it goes back to the first playlist rather than go back to the song that was playing. Is there any way to keep it on the last song you were listening to? Please tell me yes

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Cool, got it.

One last question, when I turn the car off and unplug it when I get back in and plug it in it goes back to the first playlist rather than go back to the song that was playing. Is there any way to keep it on the last song you were listening to? Please tell me yes
It should do this by default.

Practically the only thing that bothers me about this unit is when you dont drive the car for a day or so, the playlist will say "ALL SONGS" instead of the playlist name. This is only if the dip switches are set to Playlist Mode. But only the name changes. The songs being played are still from the playlist it was set to prior. Just annoying. Anyone else have that problem?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It should do this by default.

Practically the only thing that bothers me about this unit is when you dont drive the car for a day or so, the playlist will say "ALL SONGS" instead of the playlist name. This is only if the dip switches are set to Playlist Mode. But only the name changes. The songs being played are still from the playlist it was set to prior. Just annoying. Anyone else have that problem?
It does but if it's been over a few hours/overnight since I last turned the car on it goes back to the first song on the playlist.

Random stays on, but it does not pick up where it left off. Shouldn't this be easy since the song is still paused right where it was on my iPhone? This wouldn't require any memory on the part of the adapter/stereo so turning the car off for extended time shouldn't effect it.

As for your issue, I have noticed it displays "all songs" after a long absence but don't you mean rather than the song title like it showed before?

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
It does but if it's been over a few hours/overnight since I last turned the car on it goes back to the first song on the playlist.

Random stays on, but it does not pick up where it left off. Shouldn't this be easy since the song is still paused right where it was on my iPhone? This wouldn't require any memory on the part of the adapter/stereo so turning the car off for extended time shouldn't effect it.

As for your issue, I have noticed it displays "all songs" after a long absence but don't you mean rather than the song title like it showed before?
Oh you use your iphone? I've had many friends try to plug in their iphones and each time it didn't work. I use an old 60 GB iPod. That could be why it's doing that to you. Mine is a dedicated music device used only in my car.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh you use your iphone? I've had many friends try to plug in their iphones and each time it didn't work. I use an old 60 GB iPod. That could be why it's doing that to you. Mine is a dedicated music device used only in my car.
No I don't think that has anything to do with it, Apple is pretty uniform with their products an iPhone is recognized as an iPod.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
No I don't think that has anything to do with it, Apple is pretty uniform with their products an iPhone is recognized as an iPod.
It can recognize it all day as an ipod, but at the end of the day, it isn't, it's an iphone and the hardware and especially the software are different. It may work with USASpec's device, but they didn't really design the system around that, they designed it around the basic ipod. If you have an ipod, try using that and see what happens. I dunno what the problem really is with your setup, just trying to give you ideas. How do you have the DIP switches setup on the USASpec module?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It can recognize it all day as an ipod, but at the end of the day, it isn't, it's an iphone and the hardware and especially the software are different. It may work with USASpec's device, but they didn't really design the system around that, they designed it around the basic ipod. If you have an ipod, try using that and see what happens. I dunno what the problem really is with your setup, just trying to give you ideas. How do you have the DIP switches setup on the USASpec module?
I actually called USA Spec tech support and they confirmed that it does return to the beginning of "all songs" when reconnected after an extended period of being disconnected.

I will borrow my sisters iPod and see if I it makes a diff but it sounds like this is what it's supposed to do. Has this really not happened to you at all?

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
I actually called USA Spec tech support and they confirmed that it does return to the beginning of "all songs" when reconnected after an extended period of being disconnected.

I will borrow my sisters iPod and see if I it makes a diff but it sounds like this is what it's supposed to do. Has this really not happened to you at all?
Not ever. In fact, sometimes I'll turn the car off when a good song comes on if someone is gonna be in the car with me next haha.

If you're using an iphone, that means you're not leaving it in the car then like I am with my ipod (probably). My ipod is doing nothing else but waiting for me to return and turn it on (giggity). The ipod is a very simple device, where your iphone, especially if it isnt just sitting in the car waiting, has other things going on. It's possible that some cache or RAM is being cleared by your phone by the time you use it again.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not ever. In fact, sometimes I'll turn the car off when a good song comes on if someone is gonna be in the car with me next haha.

If you're using an iphone, that means you're not leaving it in the car then like I am with my ipod (probably). My ipod is doing nothing else but waiting for me to return and turn it on (giggity). The ipod is a very simple device, where your iphone, especially if it isnt just sitting in the car waiting, has other things going on. It's possible that some cache or RAM is being cleared by your phone by the time you use it again.
Gotcha. One last thing, do you have any idea if the iSimple has the same shuffle/random feature?

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
Gotcha. One last thing, do you have any idea if the iSimple has the same shuffle/random feature?
No idea, but I'm sure it does since it's a pretty basic feature of modern music players.

And you said USASpec was aware of the "All Songs" issue, hmm. That sucks haha. Guess there's nothing we can do about it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.