Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
That Guy
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about importing a Euro R but I have a couple questions for you Euro R drivers. The Japan version has a 2.0L instead of the 2.4L?? Is there anything I will have to do with the emissions when it gets here? The only thing that worries me is that If I have a problem with it, its going to be something completely random having something to do with it being a import. I work for Honda and am good friends with an Acura/Honda master tech so doing maintenance work isn’t a worry. Is there anything else I should be thinking about before I act on this?? I wont do this till summer, I am going to Taiwan in July and I am going to have a LONG layover in Osaka on the way home. I figured I could actually go look at one just to make sure or even set up the deal while I am there. Let me know if this is something not even worth looking into or IF anyone has done this, how did you go about it?
THIS is where I was looking
Thanks

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Why go through all the trouble when there's the TSX?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't go through all the hassle of trying to get a Euro R imported. There are emissions compliance, taxes, and things like the car being right hand drive that will make it hard to import a Euro R to North America.

It might just be cheaper to just buy a TSX and convert it to a Euro R, complete with a K20A engine swap and Honda badging.

·
That Guy
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of the reasons I want it is for the right hand drive. I know its kinda lame but I like it. I have been to Japan a few times and I loved renting cars over there just for that reason. I have driven a few right hand drive cars over here, its a little strange to get used to but I like it. What do think I would have to do to the emissions to keep it legal?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I wouldn't bother with grey importing a CL7 to Australia, if you're comparing performance differences (which just about the majority of all car enthusiasts truly care about), it's quite insignificant to justify importing one. All else wise, it's not much different from the CL9 in visual and handling characteristics.

If you really want a unique RHD, try one of those "exotic" sort after models instead, ala NA2 NSX-R, BNR34 GTR, STi Spec C, etc.

·
That Guy
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If I had the money to Import a GTR I wouldt be on this forum. Since I cant buy an exotic I am looking at the Euro. I am really not worried about stock performance since Iam plannign to Supercharge it whenI get it. This is going to be a show car so I am not planning to track race this car

1 - 6 of 6 Posts