Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it's been quite awhile, at least 12-18 months since the first Injen CAIs were first released on the TSX/Euro. I'm sure some if not quite a majority would have done some sort of air filter maintenance. If you haven't, it's about time you do to regain/retain the added BHP and ensure engine longevity. If there's anything more important, air intake would be one of the principal keys in flow and movement.

The design of the intake is great but I find it's quite let down by the filter design being a simple/single suction type and is prone to distortion from heat and shock. If you've thought of improving/upgrading your intake, a use of a twin suction type filter would further increase power gains (Approximately 15%-25% with increased air flow, decreased intake restriction.) along with a deeper and louder throttle acceleration across the entire powerband. You can also hear a deeper resonance at idle of the air filter suction doing it's job.

BMC filters have been a ideal selection choice for me considering their long history in making filters and air intakes alone especially when applications fitted to makes like Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Porsches are part of their standard performance line-up. The elastomer used to produce the intake is especially heat-and-shock resistant and it can't be distorted by temperature.

Dimension specifications of a BMC twin suction filter to match the Injen CAI is 80mm. This is a direct plug-n-play replacement air filter. BMC part number - TW80-140. I'm sure you can find a local reseller with ease. This isn't a cheap product though, but a most definite worthy upgrade along with a much better quality filter compared to the Injen supplied K&N make.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Tag...good stuff! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
76 Posts
in the other thread where u talked about improving the mugen intake, u said that u'd pick the injen over the mugen. well after both these improvements on the mugen and the injen, would u still pick the injen? and what are the results?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes ... I'd still pick the Injen for my application/purpose. The Mugen is ideally for overall torque improvements but is ultimately limited at high end output which is what I seek to derive/improve. Make no mistake, both are premium products with different tuning curves regardless of the significant different price tags.

·
whatever
2,894 Posts
i went to Injen today, the guy who designed the RD1430 for the TSX said they have a new design for the TSX now, "RD1431", but its not in production yet.
he said its a new design, and of course, MORE POWER GAIN.
he said it will be about 18HP gain to the wheel, compare to the RD1430, which is about 8-10HP more....
i was gonna let them put on the new one and compare the difference between the new one and the old one... but :/ didnt got a chance to use the dyno jet.
my friend was doing the R&D for the IS350

·
Hondatafied
134 Posts
l7h8626 said:
i went to Injen today, the guy who designed the RD1430 for the TSX said they have a new design for the TSX now, "RD1431", but its not in production yet.
he said its a new design, and of course, MORE POWER GAIN.
he said it will be about 18HP gain to the wheel, compare to the RD1430, which is about 8-10HP more....
i was gonna let them put on the new one and compare the difference between the new one and the old one... but :/ didnt got a chance to use the dyno jet.
my friend was doing the R&D for the IS350
wow, that sounds like great news. Can't wait for the dyno.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
Noel said:
Yes ... I'd still pick the Injen for my application/purpose. The Mugen is ideally for overall torque improvements but is ultimately limited at high end output which is what I seek to derive/improve. Make no mistake, both are premium products with different tuning curves regardless of the significant different price tags.

absolutly agree! well said. rarely do i comment on these teck stuff, thats
because i know squat.... but based on my feel of these two intakes, u put
my experiance into words.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Proven? In what sense would you classify as proven? Good idea to do a research on BMC to give you an understanding of what they do.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Noel said:
Proven? In what sense would you classify as proven? Good idea to do a research on BMC to give you an understanding of what they do.
I did a research about BMC. In performance, I would classify it. As you mention above (Approximately 15%-25% with increased air flow), does anyone make a dyno test and see that result(increased horsepower, and torque)?(no offense) just asking, because it is a huge airflow when comparing to inejn cai. If I decide to buy something I make a research for a month, analyze negatives and positives of it. Like I talked to you at PM. :p

·
Not A MOD3RATOR
4,329 Posts
I did some research on BMC filter and they seems very popular in high-end performance car forum. If pair the BMC filter w/ the new Injen RD1431... that would be ... CRAZY~!! But I can't seems to find where they sell BMC filter~

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The BMC official site itself will list authorized dealers worldwide.

I haven't done a dyno and there is another member on here that may be still running a similar setup. In general, I wouldn't class every form of measurement using graphs and plotted figures. This is however a good suggestive way to make improvements when its time for you to replace your current filter.

·
Not A MOD3RATOR
4,329 Posts
I did search for BMC official site, and found they have distributor @ Alberta, but that site doesn't show any model # or price on it. I wonder which model would fit the Injen CAI.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chuson - Did you read my full review? If I'm not wrong, I've covered all aspects.

·
Not A MOD3RATOR
4,329 Posts
Noel said:
Chuson - Did you read my full review? If I'm not wrong, I've covered all aspects.
Sorry~ I was blinded~

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone has the link for the DYNO of MUGEN INTAKE for 04/05 TSX?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hate to say this, but do a search. That's what the search function is for. :slap:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts