Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A the title states i am in the market for a tsx. Im really hoping to be able to get an 06 because i like the small design changes and from the looks of things the engine is stronger.

A manual trans is a must.

Just wandering if theres anything i should watch out for or be concerned with?

Thanks to everyone in advance.

·
ridiculously good looking
646 Posts
I think the 06 is a pretty solid year for the TSX. 04s had the most issues, 05 had some of the 04's issues...and the 06 seems to be the best bet for a 1 gen TSX.

·
Full Fledged Member
111 Posts
I have an 08, and while its auto I love it. I recommend the Navi upgrade but thats a personal preference I suppose...

My only real advice for BUYING would be to shop around on Craigs List in different cities... You can buy from a Dealer and get peace of mind, but you pay a $ premium for that experience. IMO Acuras can last 100K EASILY, and can very well do 150+. If you get to test drive one and it feels OK, check it out and talk the guy down... Harder to do at a dealership IMO.

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
My dad bought his 06 brand new, and has put 113k on it since then. He hasn't had a single issue with it.
I bought my 06 last year with 63k, I have 102k miles on it now, and no issues to report either. Drives great. Mines a 6spd.. and while the oem clutch has seen better days, I imagine I can get another 15k miles or so from it before I'll need to replace it.

I bought mine CPO from a dealer. I do NOT recommend this however. I got ripped off for this and got no extra value added. There are plenty of cars for sale privately which can be found in excellent condition. Be patient and you'll find one in great condition with maintenance records.

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
I have an 08, and while its auto I love it. I recommend the Navi upgrade but thats a personal preference I suppose...

My only real advice for BUYING would be to shop around on Craigs List in different cities... You can buy from a Dealer and get peace of mind, but you pay a $ premium for that experience. IMO Acuras can last 100K EASILY, and can very well do 150+. If you get to test drive one and it feels OK, check it out and talk the guy down... Harder to do at a dealership IMO.

They should go 200+ without issue if you change your oil and check your water. Ad to that your timing belt and water pump and you should be straight for many many miles. 150K is really selling them short..

Reactions: ProverbialFunk

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
They should go 200+ without issue if you change your oil and check your water. Ad to that your timing belt and water pump and you should be straight for many many miles. 150K is really selling them short..
K series dont have timing belts, they have a timing chain. With that said, checking the tension at 150k would be a good preventative maintenance item on the agenda. Replacement of the serpentine belt should be done once the mark on the tensioner falls out of the range indicator on the block.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.