Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
who cares.. they are cheapy cars. If you're going for that, I think you'd be better off buying that used Camaro like you said.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Allow me to add some more cars to your list....

2003 Accord LX V6
Alitma 3.5L V6
Subaru WRX
Mazda 6s
Camry SE V6
2002-3 Maxima

I still choose TSX out of the list (your + mine)....so, feel free to smoke me on highway or at the red light....:D

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JuMpPeR said:
Allow me to add some more cars to your list....

2003 Accord LX V6
Alitma 3.5L V6
Subaru WRX
Mazda 6s
Camry SE V6
2002-3 Maxima

I still choose TSX out of the list (your + mine)....so, feel free to smoke me on highway or at the red light....:D
The cars I pointed out are MUCH less expensive than the TSX.

The ones you pointed out aren't. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
954 Posts
harddrivin1le said:
The cars I pointed out are MUCH less expensive than the TSX.

The ones you pointed out aren't. :rolleyes:
They are also not as nice.

·
Registered
954 Posts
harddrivin1le said:
But they're all FASTER!;)
No one's arguing that, in fact, they've conceded it.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
harddrivin1le said:
But they're all FASTER!;)
for the 500th time...
your need for speed has gotten old
the quick ness and speed of a car isn't the ONLY FACTOR PEOPLE TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN THEY ARE BUYING A CAR...
especially as you mature and realize that cars meant for normal street daily driving don't need to have as much power etc as a car that your going to be racing... or whatever

think about what kind of audience those cars are geared at... and the kind of audience the tsx is geared at OBVIOUSLY QUITE DIFfERENT... alsssssssssooooooooooo

if it had been meant to be compared or to be in the league of the cars in the article.. it would have freakin been in the artcile..

PLEASE stop making baseless/pointless comparisions...

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hondafreak4eva said:
for the 500th time...
your need for speed has gotten old
the quick ness and speed of a car isn't the ONLY FACTOR PEOPLE TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN THEY ARE BUYING A CAR...
especially as you mature and realize that cars meant for normal street daily driving don't need to have as much power etc as a car that your going to be racing... or whatever

think about what kind of audience those cars are geared at... and the kind of audience the tsx is geared at OBVIOUSLY QUITE DIFfERENT... alsssssssssooooooooooo

if it had been meant to be compared or to be in the league of the cars in the article.. it would have freakin been in the artcile..

PLEASE stop making baseless/pointless comparisions...
But some cars are "nice" AND they perform!

And some such cars aren't overly expensive.

Example: Infiniti G35 (I prefer the coupe.)

·
GT40 enthusiast
163 Posts
But doesn't the G35 undermind your statement that cheaper cars such as the SRT4, Mazdaspeed Protege, etc. are better. The G35 is more expensive than the 350Z and not in the price range of these cheaper cars at all.

Please respond to clarify your statement, I'm having trouble understanding what your getting at.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GT-40MarkIV said:
But doesn't the G35 undermind your statement that cheaper cars such as the SRT4, Mazdaspeed Protege, etc. are better. The G35 is more expensive than the 350Z and not in the price range of these cheaper cars at all.

Please respond to clarify your statement, I'm having trouble understanding what your getting at.
Actually, the MSRPs of the 350Z and the G35 OVERLAP, depending on options/equipment levels:

http://ww.edmunds.com

"Undermind" isn't a word; the correct word is underMINE.

The G35 offers a nice blend of luxury, quality and PERFORMANCE for a fair price, all things considered. It's a LOT more car than the TSX for just a little more money (when viewed on a percentage basis).

And of the cheap cars I mentioned, only the SRT-4 is quicker.

·
Registered
78 Posts
harddrivin1le said:

The G35 offers a nice blend of luxury, quality and PERFORMANCE for a fair price, all things considered. It's a LOT more car than the TSX for just a little more money (when viewed on a percentage basis).
Same as TSX vs Accord sedan EX-L (I4). TSX offers "a nice blend of luxury, quality and PERFORMANCE for a fair price" when compares to EX-L I4. TSX is about $3000 more than EXL I4 ($26990 MSRP vs $24160 MSRP). Yes, you can buy accord for $2000 off, but people starts to get close to $1000 off on TSX now. So, we are talking about $4000 different between the two cars. RSX FP package is around that price ($3500 or $4500), and you get nothing more than rims and body kits. If I want accord EX V6, I would spend $4000 more and get myself TL type S.

Same options vs Same options, G35 coupe is more expensive with less hp than 350Z.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
JuMpPeR said:
Same as TSX vs Accord sedan EX-L (I4). TSX offers "a nice blend of luxury, quality and PERFORMANCE for a fair price" when compares to EX-L I4. TSX is about $3000 more than EXL I4 ($26990 MSRP vs $24160 MSRP). Yes, you can buy accord for $2000 off, but people starts to get close to $1000 off on TSX now. So, we are talking about $4000 different between the two cars. RSX FP package is around that price ($3500 or $4500), and you get nothing more than rims and body kits. If I want accord EX V6, I would spend $4000 more and get myself TL type S.

Same options vs Same options, G35 coupe is more expensive with less hp than 350Z.
1) THE ACCORD V6 EX 6 speed coupe (which INCLUDES leather) is CHEAPER than the TSX! And it is MUCH FASTER than the TSX!

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/hon...ml?tid=edmunds.n.mipmake.pricetable..1.Honda*

2) The Accord EX 4 with leather retails for $23,360. The "True Market Price" of the car is ~ $6,500 LESS than that of the TSX!

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/hon...ml?tid=edmunds.n.mipmake.pricetable..1.Honda*

3) Several mags have obtained FASTER acceleration times with the G35 than they've obtained with the 350Z! Performance between those two cars is virtually indentical.

4) The TSX is a relatively expensive car in terms of cars that are powered by normally aspirated 4 cylinders.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If I want accord V6 EX 6spd, I would spend more and get CL typeS 6spd.

Accord EX-L ----> TSX
Accord EX V6 ----> TL type S
Accord EX V6 6spd ----> CL type S 6spd

if G35 and 350Z are indentical in performance, then why people spend more money on G35?

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
JuMpPeR said:
If I want accord V6 EX 6spd, I would spend more and get CL typeS 6spd.

Accord EX-L ----> TSX
Accord EX V6 ----> TL type S
Accord EX V6 6spd ----> CL type S 6spd

if G35 and 350Z are indentical in performance, then why people spend more money on G35?
That makes NO SENSE, since an Accord EX 6 speed with leather can be had for ~ $2K LESS than a TSX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So an Accord V6 EX 6 speed with ~ 2K of suspension and tire mods = the price of stock TSX!

Uh, the G35 is an Infinity, SEATS 4 and has a slightly longer wheelbase than the 350Z...It also has a better warranty and comes std with a few more features. So it costs a bit more.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Why compare the Accord V6 COUPE? The TSX is a sedan... four doors not two.

You're right on about the G35 and 350Z.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sjlee said:
Why compare the Accord V6 COUPE? The TSX is a sedan... four doors not two.

You're right on about the G35 and 350Z.
The Accord V6 coupe seats 4 people and it's got something the TSX doesn't have: AN ENGINE.:eek:

·
Registered
954 Posts
harddrivin1le said:
The Accord V6 coupe seats 4 people and it's got something the TSX doesn't have: AN ENGINE.:eek:
FOUR doors vs. TWO doors.

Both cars have an engine... one just is bigger and more powerful.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts