Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

With all the rumors that Acura will bring back the RSX, it seems Infiniti might beat them to the punch. According to a new report by AutoCar, Infiniti is planning a new front-drive coupe model. News of a new front-drive model from Nissan’s luxury brand has been around for several months, but this is the first time we’ve heard that it will be a two door.

The new entry-level model is slated to get a coupe profile, although Infiniti wants to give it the practicality of a hatchback – perhaps with some sort of BMW Gran Turismo trunk.

Styling will be inspired by the Essence Concept (above), while driving dynamics are expected to be high, with a source inside the company stating that the MINI brand proved front-drive premium cars with excellent driving characteristics are possible. Power for the new model could come from new gasoline and diesel engines donated by Mercedes as a part of a new partnership between the automakers.

In addition to this new model, Infiniti is also expected to expand its brand with an version of the all-electric Nissan Leaf with added power, improved driving dynamics and an all-new look.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
not bad..the griling opens kinda too big though.

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
Huge Fascia, the front end will smash right up!

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
+1

I'm surprised to see infiniti of all manufacturers moving to fwd.. pretty much every sports car they had was rwd. I'm also surprised to hear about the partnership between infinit and benz.. I guess next we should see acura and bmw..now THAT would be really interesting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts