Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well well well just so my luck has it, i had the dealer put the injen CAI on yesterday and an oil change... hop in my car everything looks good and i start driving (oh 300 miles to chicago) 60 miles away, BOOM VSA light turns on along with check engine... pull off highway and people honk at me because steam is coming from my engine... i open up the hood ohhh what a surprise they left the coolant cap loose... (yes there is the nice green coolant all over the engine now) ok ok no big deal a cop shows up and drives me to a gas station and we mix 50/50 water and coolant and fill her up... temp guage goes back to normal... and i drive to get food about 1/4 miles away.... oops there goes that temp guage right through the roof....

look under the car and coolant is leaking, FUN.... then I call acura care and they make me wait 2.5 hours to get a tow truck and then wont pay for all the towing to a dealer.... so i paid for the overage ($136.xx).

so now my car is at the dealer and they dont open for another hour....but i called and talked to my service advisor at my normal acura dealer and he said to call the service manager when he gets in...but he promised they would take care of the issue...but now thats what he says..... what will actually get accomplished? my guess is the dealer here will say the CAI caused the problem and hold me responsible for the fees and then ill get stuck footing the bill for a zillion dollar repair, the $136.xx towing charge, and then my food on the way (actually i dont care about the food, i had to eat sooner or later) but now i also do not have a car...for how long??

suggestions or thoughts anybody? dont tell me to drive off a cliff... i would have already if i had a working car lol

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
:eek: :eek: Damn!!! Well, the dealership can't say that it's the CAI's fault cause the CAI has nothing to do with the coolant system... Did the dealership say they were going to warranty their installation for 30 days? If so, you should still be good to go.. Keep us updated and hope it goes well for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
:eek: :eek: Damn!!! Well, the dealership can't say that it's the CAI's fault cause the CAI has nothing to do with the coolant system... Did the dealership say they were going to warranty their installation for 30 days? If so, you should still be good to go.. Keep us updated and hope it goes well for you.
theres actually a part of the stock intake system that has coolant flowing through it. chances are they messed up during the install.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i talked to the service manager at the dealer that did the install..and he said do whatever i have to do to get the car back on the road and if there are any bills to fax it to him and they will send me a check....

now as far as the repair goes... the dealer here said the cap to the radiator (which was loose when i opened the hood) was damaged and he replaced that and said that took care of the problem (they thing)... he said they wanted to let the car drain the fluids tonight and then tomorrow they are going to test drive it and make sure everythign is ok...

now hopefully (Jate) is wrong and they didnt screw up with the CAI... (i hope...lol) but thanks for the heads up :)

i doubt my dealer will have problems with taking care of the CAI at any point in time...they are pretty good over there... before i even thought about the CAI the service people were saying that I should get one installed and blalbalbalbal how it wont affect the factory warranty at all...so hopefully everything will be all set tomorrow and i can drive back to michigan without any problems... HOPEFULLY... (with my luck.. unlikely)

:-\

·
Registered
333 Posts
Damn, that sucks! I have a question though, call me ignorant, but what the heck is a CAI?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cold air intake :) took me a while to figure it out myself when i first started using the forums lol

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
hmm..lets hope the guy holds his words on sending you a check for the whole amount... Hope all is well soon!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
JaTe said:
theres actually a part of the stock intake system that has coolant flowing through it. chances are they messed up during the install.
Hmm..interesting.. That's news to me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
333 Posts
vp911 said:
cold air intake :) took me a while to figure it out myself when i first started using the forums lol
Ahhh of course ! :D How stupid of me ;)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
Since the dealer performed the work, they are ultimately responsible whether it voids the warranty or not.

At this point my concern would be possible damage to the cylinder head due to warpage from overheating? I thought the CPU was supposed to shut the engine down during such an event?

Sorry to say this, but this is exactly the problem I have with some dealers. If their comptency is way below par even on simple things, how can you trust them on the difficult stuff?

Hopefully the original dealer who did the CAI install will make it right, hopefully... Good Luck and let us know?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well... hopefully the car will be working today...and then when i get back to michigan (hopefully with my car) lol... i will take it to my dealer and make them do a full inspection on everything..and if there is anything wrong they can fix it...

i doubt i will have any problems getting the money back from them... i didnt have to fight with him to get the hood repainted because of the chips or anything else... they usually quickly take care of any problems... same with my civic before the tsx... it was the same service manager and same dealer for the civic and acura.. (well they are next to each other owned by the same people and run by the same service and general managers)

:)

·
Registered
294 Posts
i have the injen CAI and i insdtaqlled it myself.. i think i know exactly what happened. other than the cap incident. there is a hose that you need to disconnect and flip upside down and secure to the original inputs. i was confused at first in the installation, but once done, i noticed that it was needed. sounds like the guys that did it are just retarded and probably did not do this step well.. cuz when you disconnect the hose, a little fluid squirts out. and if isnt secured and your engine is running , a whole lot of fluid will squirt out.
goodluck on the car

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hi.... can you tell me how long it would take for the problem to show up again? i just got my car back and they said that the problem was taken care of...and i havnt seen the problem yet...but id liek to make sure i dont see it when driving home this weekend....

thanks vik

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nevermind :) car is fixed.... it was simply the cap on the radiator that they did not close....interesting huh? lol it wasnt the CAI afterall... only the stupid oil change

1 - 16 of 16 Posts