Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried installing a 350z Injen Exhaust to their TSX??
I just wanted to know if it fits and such.

·
Retired Tsx Owner
3,174 Posts
......... y don't you just stick with the ones that are made for our tsx?

·
Retired Tsx Owner
3,174 Posts
IMO.. there's a reason why it's stated FOR NISSAN 350Z. and there's another one FOR ACURA TSX..
(i mean, each intake will benefits each cars only.. )

·
我々は火事を&#
0 Posts
Not always true. Being made for a specific car can deal with as little as fitment to the existing underbody clamps and hangers. You'll have to shrink it down surely which any exhaust shop can do for you as well as transfer flanges over unless you want it all welded which is fine too.

In the case of the 350z I'm assuming you already know that its v6 has 2 exhaust manifolds, so you will only be using one side of the exhaust in question and it will then not be a dual tip design; which is fine too. Just make sure you want that, cuse it seems like it would be cheaper to get some 3" pipe for a catback from a muffler shop if you are just wanting single outlet.

·
Registered
585 Posts
In the case of the 350z I'm assuming you already know that its v6 has 2 exhaust manifolds, so you will only be using one side of the exhaust in question and it will then not be a dual tip design; which is fine too. Just make sure you want that, cuse it seems like it would be cheaper to get some 3" pipe for a catback from a muffler shop if you are just wanting single outlet.
+1.

Either way, your car isn't going to sound like it has 2 extra cylinders.
+1.

If you're going for a 350z exhaust tone, it's not going to happen. And like harmonichonda said, Nissan V6's have two exhaust manifolds, unlike Honda. My friend had an Accord V6 Greddy EVO2 on his I4 Accord because he wanted the dual tips. I thought it sounded terrible.

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
:rolleyes:

Either way, your car isn't going to sound like it has 2 extra cylinders.
hahahahahahhaha yea. it cracks me up when people think that exhaust from 350Z will make their cars sound like Z's. The engine makes the noise.... exhaust only muffles/resonates it in a certain manner.

Dje3Dje3Dje3Dje3Dje3

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I came to this topic bc i have a couple of friends who owns a Z and one of em had an extra, and offered if I would like to put it on my car.
So I was just being curious. Thanks for the input tho, and the negative replies, I will just take it as a lesson learned.

But anyways, could anyone offer some of the common Exhaust tips that would compliment the TSX of its style and more aggressiveness(sound)?

Reactions: CalgaryTSX

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well I came to this topic bc i have a couple of friends who owns a Z and one of em had an extra, and offered if I would like to put it on my car.
So I was just being curious. Thanks for the input tho, and the negative replies, I will just take it as a lesson learned.

But anyways, could anyone offer some of the common Exhaust tips that would compliment the TSX of its style and more aggressiveness(sound)?
http://tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-engine/35207-exhaust-sound-clips-tsx.html

Changing the tips alone will not change the sound of the exhaust tone. You need a new exhaust system.

:grinno:

·
我々は火事を&#
0 Posts
Not a whole new exhaust system for a new sound, but definitely removing your resonators and getting a larger muffler will have an effect. Good or bad depends on what you like though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.