Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I got my Injen CAI installed tonight and I will write up a DIY w/ photos soon, especially since the Injen instructions basically suck. It sounds great and the butt dyno feels some extra power. However, it makes a hissing noise @ 6,000+ RPM...it is probably normal...anybody else with this CAI notice it or can you hear it in the video? I rechecked some of the vacuum hoses, so that may have been the problem...we'lll see come tomorrow. Lastly, installing the CAI portion is a pain and hopefully my DIY will help others with this part of the install (this is where the Injen instructions suck).

Here are some photos of it installed & a small video with me going down the road WOT. Enjoy! :)

http://www.pryor-place.com/July2004 033.avi

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
mmmm...very sweeet!! Great....now I want to get one ASAP!!! :D

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Great work JP :thumbsup:
Looks, and sounds awesome!!!
Joker - who is looking forward to your DIY post :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joker said:
Great work JP :thumbsup:
Looks, and sounds awesome!!!
Joker - who is looking forward to your DIY post :D
Thanks mang! :) Now get yours installed. ;)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
HondaMan said:
Thanks mang! :) Now get yours installed. ;)
I am still in the process of dealing with Acura on some issues with my car, but I hope it wont be long now :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybody else with this CAI experience the hissing/sucking noise I mentioned above @ 6,000+ RPM?

I got an email into Injen about it, so we'll see what they have to say. Everything is running well and the noise might be normal, but my Injen CAI on my 2002 Civic Si didn't make this type of noise. :confused:

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
yea mine does that also. I actually kinda liked it so i never complained or questioned about it

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Triz said:
yea mine does that also. I actually kinda liked it so i never complained or questioned about it
Oh, good to hear. Injen says it is normal as well. :)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The hissing sound is caused by the filter sucking in air, commonly found on any CAI setup. It's normal, nothing to worry about.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CL9 K24a said:
The hissing sound is caused by the filter sucking in air, commonly found on any CAI setup. It's normal, nothing to worry about.
Yep, but my Si CAI didn't do it like that...that's why I questioned it (better safe than sorry). :)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Displacement, aspiration and filter material type all dictates a "common" sign. A B16a and a K24a is fairly different when it comes to this aspect. I'd be more worried about hydrolocking than how it sounds like. Changing the filter will also dictate a sound change depending on how much "flow" is permitted.

·
Registered
134 Posts
wow - thanks for posting the video - sound is great.

this is a 5 speed auto right ?

I say that because mine (6 speed / 2.4) does not shift the same. I was also surprised not to hear the change of noise at 6000 rpm when the Vtec kicks in.

But man I love the sound of that thing. :woot:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yep, I have a NBP/Parchment 5AT w/ NAVI . :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Awesome JP :thumbsup:
Thank you very much!!
Joker - who would like to see you start another thread for the DIY ;)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
John Frusciante Wanna-be
345 Posts
How Much was that Ingen CAI, and where did you order it from?... If you posted it in here somewhere im sorry, i wasn't paying attention.. But thanks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts