Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INJEN has it listed on their application list for tha 04's, but i cant seem to find that damn Short Ram Intake anywhere!! Does anybody know where they sell em, and if they dnt sell em, if the AEM short ram wood have more HP than the INJEN??

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
ok heres the Deal...Injen Does not Sell a Seperate Short Ram Intake... You can only buy the Cold Air Intake, and If u really want, then you can put it into Short Ram Mode... AEM is the only company that attcually Sells a Short Ram application for the TSX...Based on Prices...Its totally not worth it right now to Get a Short Ram... Personally Id Recomend either the K&N or the INJEN Intake, in Full CAI mode...thats when ur gonna notice the most power... Short Ram Works, But ur not gonna get anywhere near as much Horse Power Sucking Warm Air From your engine bay, esp at the location where the filter would be...Compaired to a Cold Air Intake... I live In NY...and theres really no Thread of sucking Water up into ur engine...Really Dont think ull need to worry about it

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Yup, the Injen cold air intake is a 2 piece design allowing a switch between CAI and SRI on-demand.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
studdly said:
How exectly is the switch made between CAI and SRI?
Well, this is my educated guess, but there is two pieces to the pipe. They connect at the point where it starts to curve down to the wheel well. This is where you would be able to put the filter at this point to transform it into a SRI. Is that how it goes people?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
yup...however theres really no need in 90% of locations, Esp w/ the K&N, Wetlog is not really a problem

The only Short Ram Application for the TSX is made by AEM, it costs just as much as the CAI applications, so personally I just went w/ the K&N CAI, Drove it in CAI all winter...no problems what so ever, car felt great...and Really Got a boost because of how cold the air was to start w/... car was a blast to drive, Had My K&N in Shortram mode for a couple of days Because I wasnt in the mood to take the bumper off... It worked, but thats a Complete Waste of Money, if u were just to leave it like that...Might as well buy the AEM, both the Injin and the K&N just dont look right to me in SRM...

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
yep like memphis said, unless you plan on driving thru a river..and like plan on driving your car into a pool you shouldnt have too much problem with hydrolocking your engine..so the full cai mode shouldnt be a worry. i live in vancouver..and we get A LOT of rain here and ive been good so far:)

and i also agree..injen in short ram looks weird..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts